Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
12,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a front seat for my project. Seams that those that have come up, I was to late to grab, or they have been missing too many important parts. I have some shells, don't need the mounting feet. But do not want to re-build from scratch either. I have shipping arrangements with several carriers so I can get it here on my $$$$.

Let me know what you have, condition etc. Send me a PM.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

·
12,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still need a seat, no junk please.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

·
Registered
872 Posts
They can be found. They are still at the Cars and Parts Swap Meet and Car show, every event, in Springfield Ohio, Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. Stay vigilant. I bought one there in great shape, but missing the shells for $300. I later found the complete shells with stainless for $40.

:anim_25:

bowtie-trifive

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts

·
12,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, but those are not the same as Chevy. They look close, but the close will kill ya tring to make them work with original seat covers, which I will be using.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
Thanks, but those are not the same as Chevy. They look close, but the close will kill ya tring to make them work with original seat covers, which I will be using.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy
Mickey, I was under the impression the frames were the same size, since they were the same body, but maybe not. They gotta be alot closer than the aftermarket Guide seat frames people use and they seem to be able to install stock seat covers on them.

·
12,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The side bolsters/shells are all different and the mounting for them is also. There are other differences. I have been down that road a time or two and don't wish to do that unless I have to.

I'll keep looking, there is one out there. Just need to keep looking. It's not like I need it NOW, but I do need one.

I have been around a few Glide seats, and I'm not sure I could put a standard front seat cover on it. And they just don't meet my eye the same.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Check this Valdosta GA C'list post
http://valdosta.craigslist.org/pts/3846337889.html
Selling all my 1957 chevy dash items , Chrome air vents, Lecarra 14" steering wheel with adapter,ididit chrome shift column 700 r4 shift indicator with Cruise control , #1140570020 ,electric Classic instrument gauges # 12277 , 1004 miles showing and Cluster , and 2 Housing , Set of 700r4 Gauge Cluster also . Danhuck Clocks new and used new Aluminum Dash insert and tag light , vintage Air condition controller , original Radio , 55-57 Delco wiper motor , a 327 Clevite with lope 114 ,450-460 small lift cam and lifter ,1 new - 12 volt electric vacuum air pump ,pioneer kick panel speakers, , Good front seat and Trim , back rest , no bottom , lots of Dash parts all parts are in good condition , i put in a 1955 dash broad in my 1957 bel air ,with 1958 impala rear humps panel and back rest , 1964 impala bucket seats , WOW i will make you deal on everything ! New 1957 wonder bar radio , Please call if you have any questions , Give me a call if you need anything ! $2500 or Best offer
Stan
229 740 3926 900am 800pm

·
12,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mikey, ever find your seat?
Been looking for one myself...I did see 3 people selling theirs, but never heard back when contacting them asking for pics.
I have found it, well several. Both were starter seats that were missing parts and had some issues. I have fixed about every issue anyone has ever had with 2 dr front seats, so not a biggy for me. The missing parts I have picked up here and there. So I'm good.

Mikey

·
Registered
645 Posts
just removed from car, 56 h/t 2 door, complete seat with shells and s/s trim plus mounting brackets in good shape with org cover, $950 firm, located mid IL. off I-55 call me at 217-227-3795

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.