Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member here. I live in northwest ohio, am a full time farmer I am the longtime owner of a 57 Belair 2dr hdtp. We bought the car in 1977, traded a 69 Grand Prix for it. Wife and I drove it as a daily driver till 1983. (big mistake as the winters were hard on it) Intended on restoring it and life, family, lack of a large shop put it on the back burner. Two weeks ago I pulled it out of the old farm shed where it has set since we parked it , put 4 different tires on it changed the oil, tuned it up, primed the oil pump hooked the fuel pump to a gas can and it started right up. Plan is to do a full frame off restoration. I will be putting in new full floors and trunk in it and repairing the minor rust on the qtr panels and doors. I have a pair of rust free front fenders that were bought from a estate sale years ago. I will post some pics of it later and report on progress on it from time to time. Great forums lots of good information here.
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
:sign0016:We are glad that you joined us.Got any pictures?;amin_111;

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts
Tomm.....Welcome to the site....Now that's what I call a "barn find".....Post some pics, when you ca :bowtieb:

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi tom and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. have fun with that 57.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome to Trifive Tom..!! :sign0016:

You will find this site and the people to be very helpful with the build of your 57'. Good luck..!! :anim_25:

TV

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016: to trifive Tom:shakehands: :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Hello Tom
welcome aboard
Just wondering ...by your screen name ..Is it a Fuel Injected 57 ? :confused0006:

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy

I just signed up for this forum. I have had my '57 2 door hardtop about 12 years. It has a tired 283 , 4-speed. The body and interror are completely stock. ( yellow and white ). I am looking to up-date the motor in the spring time. I live in N.E. Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all for the welcome to the forums. No my 57 is not a F.I. motored car. :frown: Wish it was. The reason for my user name is I had planned on installing a 95 Camaro LT1 and a 700R4 in it. I joined a couple of other forums using that user name. Decided to keep it. My current plan for the car is a 270 hp 283 with a B/W T10 4Spd and 4:11 rear gears. I have all the correct parts to build the engine and have a 4:11 posi center section for the rear end. I have a disc brake conversion for it also. Want to go with a mid to late sixties hot rod look. I changed my mind after seeing pictures of CJS57 Car with the dual 4's on it. If I get tired of the 283 and 4spd I can always put the LT1 and 700R4 in it later. I am thinking of drilling the frame for side mounts when I build it in case I decide to change the engine later. I will try to get some pics of it posted this weekend.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Added pictures

See my first post. I finally added pictures. Today as I was cleaning out the inside of the car I removed the replacement cover from the bottom of the back seat and the original cover was under it. I think it will clean up nicely. Is in great condition. Hope the seat back looks as good. The headliner looks great also. I also found a set of power windows in the trunk. Been so long since I seen them I forgot I had them. Also have a power seat mechanism . I have been going through all of my Rat holes and found alot of parts I forgot I had. Cant wait to start tearing it down and sandblasting the floor and trunk area to see what all I need to replace. I think that if I buy a right side patch for the trunk floor I can repair the minor rust around the tail pan. Have to buy patches for the side walls of the trunk and new wheel tubs. I will replace the whole floor because it will be faster and cost less than buying the patches and braces. I was scrounging at an old junkyard yesterday and found a used gas tank inside an old school bus and the inside looks like new. The outside only has some minor rust. Most of it was covered with undercoating. Later
Tom

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.