Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had a thread earlier on hating spiders... well there are other 'things' to consider... :scared0016:
I was just watching Animal Planet and did a Google search and came across a bunch of bugs.
First the Bullet Ant.
It's a full inch long, it lives in trees and thus can and will fall on you to scare you away from its hive--the one you didn't know was there,
because it's in a tree. Before it does this, it shrieks at you. This ant, you see, can shriek.
It's called a Bullet Ant because its 'unusually severe' sting feels like getting shot.

and a short clip
[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

As if that wasn't enough look at this Japanese Giant Hornet!!
It's the size of your thumb and it can spray flesh-melting poison. Imagine, what a terrible thing a three-inch acid-shooting hornet would be?
The poison also has a pheromone cocktail in it that'll call every hornet in the hive to come over and sting you until you are no longer alive :eek: :eek:
Think you can outrun it? It can fly 50 miles in a day. It'd be nice to say something reassuring at this point,
like "Don't worry, they only live on top of really tall mountains where nobody wants to live," but no, they live all over the place, including outside Tokyo.
Forty people die like that every year, each of them horribly.

and a short clip that shows an attack on a beehive
[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

Last but not least the The Human Bot Fly
It lays its eggs on a horsefly or a mosquito, something that will attempt to land on a human. This carrier finds a human and lands on him or her.
The eggs rub off onto the human, whose body heat hatches the eggs.
The larvae drop onto the skin and burrow right in. Where they live. Under your skin. Eating.

a clip here showing the removal of a larva, this is really brutal, please be warned!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNAeVLlY8w

Don't say I didn't warn you... :scared0016: :eek:

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Saw enough skeeters while camping at Camp Ripley in Little Falls, MN with the MN National Guard. Inside a small screen tent (3'x8'x6' hanging above my cot outside) with ear plugs, I could still hear them buzzing around wanting in. There were thousands that wanted me.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Don't Look!!!!!

I'm too scared to read/look at your post - I get nightmares easily! :eek:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Man "UUUUUCK" I hate bugs......... In Nam the skeeters were so big that they were seen at times trying to breed with vultures. I mean they were so big they could stand flat footed and pee into a 2 ton gravel truck. Now thems biiiig skeeters..

Roland
I can remember two of them picking me up and flying off with me, first one said "let's take him over in the bushes and eat him" and the second said "Are you crazy? If we do that the big boys will take him away from us"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts