Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , we have had a lot of rain in Alberta and with every storm I get water dripping from the bottom of the dash just left of the steering wheel. I just put in New carpet and it is getting soaked. Any ideas where the water is coming from?

Thanks in advance. Blair:p3:

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Wind shield gasket, or the window drains are plugged up or rotten, or even better yet (ask me how i know) the Escutcheons that go over the wiper arms are leaking on you, but mine was on the passenger side, but at-least they are a easy fix....

Rick

·
Registered
37,243 Posts
You have heard what I think are the most likely places for a leak.

Your wiper drives need to be sealed with 3M Strip Caulk, under the escutcheons. An automotive paint store will probably have it, maybe even an auto supply.

If your windshield gasket is leaking, seal it with 3M 8509. Again find it at the automotive paint store, or online.

Almost any 55-57 parts supplier will have the drain tubes. The top of the drain tube is in the channel near the corner of the windshield. The hose exits on the side of the cowl behind the front fender, about midway up.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hi guys , we have had a lot of rain in Alberta and with every storm I get water dripping from the bottom of the dash just left of the steering wheel. I just put in New carpet and it is getting soaked. Any ideas where the water is coming from?

Thanks in advance. Blair:p3:
How about the seal around the windshield wiper bezel? It's sealed with a compressable sealer like clay, so with time, if it is not new or installed incorrectly, you can develop a leak there...can you see any wet spots under your dash? I would think it would be wet on some area of the metal dash underneath....:anim_25:

·
Administrator
66,126 Posts
Have somebody spray some water onto the windshield with a garden hose while your under the dash with a torch, it will give you an idea, keep in mind that the leak will be the lowest entry point along the length of span if you get what I mean.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
We had one tiny pin hole under the windshield and bued seam filler (sealer) on my Chevelle. Fixed it completely. :anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts