Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My '55 2 door Bel Air lets quite a bit of water in at the front bottom of each door. I don't see any water coming down the door panels so it must be coming in someplace else. How would anyone suggest I trouble shoot and resolve this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's The Mystery!

The J Gaskets are in place and they're new and tight, just like all the other strips... Can't figure this out just yet...

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom,

Thanks for the heads up on this! I'll check it... I never knew there was a tube in there!

Tony

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom, I checked my shop manual but can't see where the hose connects on top and where it should be routed. Do you know?

Thanks Again!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The connection on top is inside, under the dash? How far from the center of the windshield? And if I take the kick panel piece of upholstery off I should see the tube?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
49,953 Posts
The tubes will be connected to the dash in the curved area on the outer sides. I can look up and see the tubes on my 57 going out the side. I really doubt that is your problem unless you have a bad windshield leak too.
Terry

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Charlie,

Thanks for the clarification! If those hoses are for interior condensation only, that can't be the problem. It only occurs when I wash the car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts