Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mels56 and I went to a little show and shine event today at NASA where his sister-in-law works at. Pretty small, but nice as it was with a a chili cookoff for the employees there. Maybe 36 cars and some bikes, oh yeah and a couple of mini bikes too:D

Some very nice cars there, some stock and some modified, but all driven there! When it was done there were 3 TriFives that won awards, Mel was one of those, taking first place for "custom" class:happy0030:

Well in fairness it was his wife they called up to get the award since the judge had watched her polish the car while he and I wondered about:rolleyes:

Congrats Mel and Fran:party0031::congrats:

Randy

7,080 Posts
Congratulations Randy and Mel. Love hearing of these Trifives being used and enjoyed. WTG :congrats: Lloyd

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Congrats!

Sounds/Looks like everybody had a good time! Chili cook-offs and car shows just kinda go together in my opinion :). Congratulations on the award too! :tu JIM.

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Congrats to Mel! Your two cars look great together. Since it was at the "Lab" they probably didn't have beer to wash that chili down with hey Randy?

Don

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
Congrats, on your win at car show. Does the award go on her shelf or yours?
At least we know if it's her shelf it will get dusted. We'll let you two be the judge on that call.

KINGS X 56

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Dang Randy, you're dangerous with that phone/camera of yours!

Thanks to all and yes, it was a super day. I was surprised of the award, Randy's "newly" completed interior got alot of attention from the judges to the spectators. But, another 57 won and another 56 took Best of Show so, at least TriFives were well represented.

Always a blast to take them out and let them run...especially when they run well with no issues!

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats to Mel! Your two cars look great together. Since it was at the "Lab" they probably didn't have beer to wash that chili down with hey Randy?

Don
Don they had beer on tap for $2, but with some of that hot chili I would have preferred a big glass of milk!:sign0020:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Mel at least I didn't tell them about your rocket scientist comment:happy0030:

Randy

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Congratulations to your wife. :)
They actually called her name but, she wouldn't pick up the award. They saw her cleaning the grille and thought it was her car...which it is! I'm just the chauffer.

Randy, you've got to admit that comment went with the location and the award.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts