Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased one of those#10029 Billet bowtie 3rd brake lights and I'm very dissapointed as it is not very bright! It only has 3 led bulbs inside.I was going to customize it with more led light bulbs to make it brighter.I was wondering if anyone has done this before? I know they sell small led strips with 9 lights. If anyone has done this before let me know how it worked out!
Thanks,
:bowtieb: Frank

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I purchased one of those#10029 Billet bowtie 3rd brake lights and I'm very dissapointed as it is not very bright! It only has 3 led bulbs inside.I was going to customize it with more led light bulbs to make it brighter.I was wondering if anyone has done this before? I know they sell small led strips with 9 lights. If anyone has done this before let me know how it worked out!
Thanks,
:bowtieb: Frank
Hmmm, maybe the manufacturer changed them. I thought they lit up all the way across.That was a few years ago. I'll call the guy I installed those for and see if his only have 3 lights. I'm sure it would be easy to swap the strip out for more LED's.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike , Maybe I just have a defective one? I bought it about 2 years ago.Let me know what you find out. Thanks:bowtieb:Frank

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Mike , Maybe I just have a defective one? I bought it about 2 years ago.Let me know what you find out. Thanks:bowtieb:Frank
Nope, you're right. I have an extra one and I opened it and it only has 3 bulbs. :( That's not cool. How much can a few extra LED's cost the manufacturer... :confused0024:

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike ,Thanks for checking that out! I'll have to add some led lights.For that price they should not be so cheap with the leds. The unit does look great on my 57,but needs improvement.:bowtieb: Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts