Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 57 chevy convertible and I cannot find where a pair of rubber seals go. I pulled out the old ones and I thought I knew exactly where they went but 4 years later in the restoration I can't remember. These are called "Convertible Drain seal, top rail stops (at rear or top) This description is from Classic Chevy and the part numer is 05-44 in the Big Red Book. These are large fancy molded rubber seals that look important. There is one for each side with a small solid block of rubber for each. This smaller piece is about 1" long x 1/2" wide x 3/16" thick.

Classic Chevrolet Parts, Inc 2004 edition calls it a "Rear Quarter Panel & Roof Rail Drain Rubber Stop. Part number B5557-11015-CV. There are very good pictures of the seal in the books.

I've asked everyone one that I ever bought parts from and they all say " Oh yeh - that goes back by the rear window somewhere, I think."

Can someone please give me a little better hint than that? I will be forever grateful!!

Thanks,

Jackie :) :) :) :)

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Jackie, as much as I would like to, I can't help. I may be able to look at one in a few days. I put a quarter panel on one for a fellow a couple years ago and it's still apart. Not my fault it's still apart and I refuse to assemble the car for a fellow who is able.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks Gabriel,

That is the part but it doesn't really show where it goes. What book did that come from/

Thanks,

Jackie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gabriel,

I took a second look and I think I know where it goes. Thanks so much! I am indebted . Your english is great.

Thanks, Again - jackie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts