Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have others had the problem that I have. I put in new weather stripping and now my doors can't be adjusted enough to close. It seems way too tight. It is a 1957 2dr hard top. The product came from Danchuk and they have two grades. One with the original ends and lower priced, without. I wish I had spent just a little more and gotten the ones that compare to the original,but the sales person said that either would work fine. Anyway if you have a solution,I would be glad to listen.
Thanks,
Captain Tom

·
Registered
688 Posts
some of the gaskets are way to large, when getting weatherstrip/gaskets try to get T & N ,which is sold by a few venders, I think a member here named Gene or East Coast Chevy sells them

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 53 pickup. Could only get the first click..so moved the door catches out a bit. after a few weeks, the gaskets compressed enough to re-adjust. If I do it again a better part will be used, I heard good things about "soft seal" http://www.soffseal.com/index.htm, but never used them myself. Good luck!
D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Weatherstripping

Also I would use adhesive to make sure the weatherstripping stays in place. I did the same thing you did and now some of the "plastic" tabs have broken off and let the weatherstripping move to locations where it's not supposed to be! Also T&N is a softer material than Soft Seal. Soooo if I had it to do over I would go with T&N instead of Soft Seal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts