Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you may have read in the electrical section, my starter problem turned out to be water in the cylinders. Such a careful painter I had....(further comments reserved). Anyway, onward we trudge. I've really been dreading the weatherstripping and rear quarter windows, but I finally got after them yesterday. Here's my weekend list:

• Removed spark plugs and drained water
• Added tranny fluid to cylinders
• Removed flywheel cover and turned flywheel with prybar
• Spun engine loose
• Clutch linkage re-assembled
• Brakes bled and working
• Rear quarter window tracks installed and working
• Trunk lid removed, weatherstripping added, remounted and aligned, now locks
• Rear bumper-body seal installed
• Door J-seals installed
• Rear quarter window felt (flex channel and whisker strips) installed on one side

My pile of parts is slowing dwindling. I also put new plates and sticker on the truck, mowed, edged, weedeated, blowed, and feritlized the yard. Busy weekend.

I'll start on the other quarter window tonight or tomorrow, and hopefully will have my temp sensor adapter this week. Next weekend may be the first firing up in over three years. I just hope the water damage is minimal.

Attachments

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
nice progress wolf. :tu ........................ what you do after lunch?

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Dang Wolfman, if you run outta something to do, come on to my place! I wish I had that much energy. Looking forward to following your posts about this resto.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Looking good ! :tu

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks y'all!

I did the other quarter window felt last night. I have brand new smoked glass, but the painter left a film of really hard water stains on it. I tried Ajax glass cleaner, but it wouldn't budge. Then my wife tried vinegar - still no luck. So I said to try some of that glass stove cooktop cleaner and that scouring pad. Bam! Glass looks brand new again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts