Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Lincoln sp-135 mig took a fall off of a lift today. Along with the gas tank. I was on the way up and something must have gotten hooked and by the time isaw what was happening it was already on its way down. It fell from about 8'. The power cord ripped out but and the door where the wire goes came off but it doesn't look like its been dropped. I reconnected the cord wires but and turn it on but nothing is happening. Is there anything I could check or try? Is there something that breaks easily on these or is the whole thing shot. I'm pretty bummed out right now.. I was hoping I'd hook up the cord and it would still work...

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
My Lincoln sp-135 mig took a fall off of a lift today. Along with the gas tank. I was on the way up and something must have gotten hooked and by the time isaw what was happening it was already on its way down. It fell from about 8'. The power cord ripped out but and the door where the wire goes came off but it doesn't look like its been dropped. I reconnected the cord wires but and turn it on but nothing is happening. Is there anything I could check or try? Is there something that breaks easily on these or is the whole thing shot. I'm pretty bummed out right now.. I was hoping I'd hook up the cord and it would still work...
I think my Lincoln buzz box had a button/circuit breaker on the inside of the door were you install the welding wire, but you probably have already checked that...:anim_25:

Rick

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found out the problem!... It still works thank god!.. Reread the wiring diagram and it turned out I put one of the wires on the wrong tab. I thought it was done for. The tank on the other hand is done for... Blew out a seal or something on it.. It leaks terrible

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.