Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They must have too much money.
I have been stood up more in the last 10 years in Florida than my previous 50 + years in New Hampshire....On Thursday I called 3 different people that do Mobile welding. I spoke to each one & told them what I needed to be welded(inner & outer rocker panels).They all said that they could do the job so I set up appointments w/ all three.
Not one showed up or called to say that they were not coming !!Guess they dont need the money...:confused0006:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I can relate, it's the same way here with body men. Over the past couple years, I've asked a half dozen guys to drop by and get me started, let me know what I need, teach me stuff. One guy lives on my block, was unemployed, whining about borrowing money from his Grandmother to pay bills - I told him I'd give him a couple grand to put on some of these panels that I've aquired. His response? 'Yeah, if I get time' Whatever. :rolleyes:
I'd like to tell you someone will eventually show up, but just like here, I can't promise that. So 'good luck'.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
No different in So. Cal!

Same thing here - my buddy has asked a local muffler shop welder to come by his house and take a look at building some headers for his BBC in his '55 Gasser and the guy said "Yeh, no problem!". We've stopped by his shop, which is about six blocks away, and each time we remind him that he said he'd come by - you'd think it was our first conversation with him! I thought we were in a depressed economy - Guess NOT!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I thought we were in a depressed economy - Guess NOT!:rolleyes:
We may be in a depressed economy but I dont think that quite it... Nobody wants to work anymore They want "money for nothing"and if you can get them to work you may just get a $&!* job. I work alone in my shop for this reason. Also I have found out that a mans word and a hand shake does not mean what it used to.

OF,I wish we lived closer together I would come weld that stuff up no problem. You could always ship your car here. :D Sorry to hear you troubles but it aint just with welders. I cant even get truck drivers to do there job and deliver me parts for my customers restoration jobs. Tim

·
Premium Member
19,669 Posts
We may be in a depressed economy but I dont think that quite it... Nobody wants to work anymore They want "money for nothing"and if you can get them to work you may just get a $&!* job. I work alone in my shop for this reason. Also I have found out that a mans word and a hand shake does not mean what it used to.

OF,I wish we lived closer together I would come weld that stuff up no problem. You could always ship your car here. :D Sorry to hear you troubles but it aint just with welders. I cant even get truck drivers to do there job and deliver me parts for my customers restoration jobs. Tim
kinda sounds like here around here too:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you didn't have so many projects "in the wing"I would ship it to you in a heartbeat..Maybe I should look for someone here thats retired or unemployed or under-employed that could do it.:sign0020:

·
Official Trifive Sponsor
425 Posts

Man you hit nail on the head, little bit of work, pay me lots of money. Handshake is only as good as the man shaking your hand and they are few and far between. I waited two weeks for someone to show up and fix a pipe on a roof. I do the same as you do, in my shop by myslf with the oldies on the radio and a beer after I finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts