Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 57 150 with the square trim holes on the rear quarters. i want to build the car back with bel air trim. any help or advise on closing these holes and drilling new ones for the bel air trim would be a big help. thanks, chuck:confused0006::tu

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Chuck, with a wire welder on the lowest heat possible, and a piece of copper (with an insulated handle) to back up the open hole, carefully fill the hole a little at at a time. I'd find an old piece of body metal to practice on, before you go at it. As far as new holes, go slowly and don't press to hard, as you might cause dents. :anim_25:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey augie 56, thanks for the info. i have done some welding and body work about 20 yrs. ago. will be a little rusty, but looking forward to it. i have a 110v mig welder that i'll use, and have found some copper backing plates in eastwoods catalog. thanks for the advice, chuck

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,371 Posts
I'm in the "oddball" camp in that I prefer to have something not everyone else does. With countless 57 150's already having been converted to B/A trim, the 150 in correct trim is becoming even more rare. I'd leave it as is, if it were mine.
Make that two odd balls :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts