Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I recently purchased this 55 Nomad, I guess many of you have seen it under the classified on the forum. It´s now on it´s way over the puddle, it should be here in 8-10 weeks. The seller is a gentleman in Texas and member of the forum, who described it as being a driving project. I have done this before, shipped a car over, and as before this is an joyful but also nerve wrecking experience. Really good timing - the perfect Christmas gift. My expectations of the Nomad is as described; Pretty solid body but with some attention needed, all trim where it´s supposed to be, th eimportant glass intact, interior needing upholstering in place etc. Drive line swapped for a 350 combo, shifter on the floor. In short everything needs attention. I know which way I would like to go with this one, but also know what´s involved. So, as of now I´m just content knowing I´ll soon be having one of a few thousands ever made in the garage, though I have´nt really figured out how to make place for it as I already have 3 cars in a 2 car garage. I suppose I´ll, in order to allocate space and means, have to part with one or two of the others. Or, I can drive it as it is and just enjoy this incredible beautiful vehicle for a while.
Anyways, I just wanted to share this moment with you as I will need your advice later on.

Thanks//Car1

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for cheering guys👍
As for plans, first of all I want to have a good check up on it and if it's decent drive it next summer. After that, let's see what happens. A good friend of mine has a motto regarding his 55 coupe. "Every winter I will do an upgrade on the car, but I have to be able to drive it next summer" Well, maybe that's the route this one is going, but I can't say for sure.
Teahead, If funds were unlimited, a full resto mod would be taken on.
For now I just love the model. It's a Nomad, and I'm happy😊
//Car1

·
Registered
1956 Nomad RHD, mofified, 1955 Nomad RHD,restored 1957 Nomad RHD, still in progress
1,504 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase, from a fellow Nomadder outside the USA.
I suggest you look into joining the CNA - Chevrolet Nomad Assoc. Lots of info in their magazines, along with the knowledge here.
Cheers, Des

1 - 11 of 11 Posts