Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, I pulled the trigger 3PM this afternoon. The guy was persistent and really wanted the '57. Went for a ride. He liked it. Money exchanged hands. He put a dealer plate on it and drove off into the sunset. I miss it already. Feeling a little depressed. That car was a part of my life for almost 12 yrs. Probably had a love/hate relationship with it, but overall I really liked it. Just didn't have the time to give it that it so deserves. Made a consciousness of choice decision and that's the way it is. I honesly can say that I do see another '57 in my future. This one will be already done. First, I have to make some adjustments in my life or I would be right back to square one again. As a little side note, he also wanted to buy my '56 gasser wagon-Mellow Yellow. Told him hell no. I have to pound the pavement with that baby first. Besides, I can't be left without a trifive. Afterall, what would life be:)? There you have it, Carmine.

·
Administrator
50,544 Posts
ok...Im not like you guys...I'll be buried in Belle...so no cremation for me!
Put so many hundreds of knuckle breaking hours in her I could never let her go.
Don`t feel bad, you aren`t alone. I have had mine for nearly 35 yrs. Gone through two rebuilds now. It isn`t going anywhere while i am alive.
Terry

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the nice comments everyone. I definitely do understand how one can get attached to a car. I have to find joy in knowing someone else will enjoy it. Now, within the next couple of weeks, my oldest son will be getting my original '67 GTO that I've had since 1981. You talk about attachment; oh boy. This has been a great car to me. Never left me. It's a family member. I'll be real sad when it leaves, but thank God, it's going to stay in the family. At least I'll know where it is, Carmine.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I sold my old Harley shovelhead Monday. It was hard to let go of it after enjoying it for the last 29yrs. For me it wasn't really the bike so much. The hard part was it was like selling my youth. The nice thing is a young man bought it, he had been dreaming about one for a long time.:tu so it's all good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.