Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a car show Friday night at Texas Motor Speed. They have a show-an-shine in conjuction with a street racing type 1/8 mile drag race. The neat part, the show-an-shine participents get to take 2 laps around the race course. There's a pace car so you can't go too fast, but if you drop back a ways and take off, you can get up to 90 or 100 before you catch up. On that kind of bank, it doesn't feel like your going that fast until you catch up with someone going 50 or 60. It's quite a thrill. I did get best of show and found a picture of my car on the Texas Motor Speedway facebook page.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Way to go Don!:congrats:
Your car looks gorgeous!
Do you have more pictures of it somewhere?

Bet that was a blast on that banked track!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Congratulations on your trophy!!

I was unaware they were doing that with the 1/8 mile deal! I will have to keep more up-to-date!

·
Registered
67,783 Posts
nice going don. :tu

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don,

The wife and i considered going to the TMS show and drag races, but the advertising made it look like "Fast and Furious"...ie, mostly a bunch of hopped up Toyota's and Scion's. We'll probably check out their next one.

And congrats on winning Best In Show too! Your car is a beauty...i am not the least bit surprised you took home the trophy! We'll see you at CCC this Saturday....i actually won the "50's Modified" class last month....i am sure it was because you were'nt there!!

Tim

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Very nice...
If you DFW guys wanna see some good drag racing, there is a good "back half" show this saturday at Redline..

7,082 Posts
I did get best of show and found a picture of my car on the Texas Motor Speedway facebook page.

Really, really nice 57. Well deserved. Sounds like a wonderful time all around, Congrats. :bowtier:

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Texas Motor Speedway Show-N-Shine Friday Nites

Thanks everyone.
There's only 2 more weeks of the Show-N-Shine and the drags at TMS. It is a lot of late model street racers but I enjoyed going around the track. It gives you a chance to open it up a little. I found another picture on the TMS site. .....http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/galleries/friday-night-drags

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
That pic sure looks great,especially at sunset and the flag atop the fender.Congrats:tu :tu :shakehands: :flag6:
Big Bob:flag4::bowtieb:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
They do the same thing here at Atlanta Motor Speedway every Fri. night.

They had a fatality last year and I figured that would be the end of it, but they are still going strong.

I won the President's award at one of the weekly events with a old hot rod I used to own. We were invited to do a little pre-race deal at the fall NASCAR race.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts