Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Western Invasion confirmation card today #128. Anyone else get theirs yet? Now all I have to do is put my car back together before then?

Anyone want to caravan to Bakersfield on Thursday April 30th down I-5? :flag6:

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
It'd be fun if I was planning on leaving from Sunnyvale, but I'm planning on taking my Nomad, and right now it's in SoCal. I might have it in Central Coast by then.
I wonder how many from Santa Barbara to San Luis Obispo plan to go?
Bob

·
Premium Member
13,409 Posts
Got mine today number 202

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,534 Posts
It'd be fun if I was planning on leaving from Sunnyvale, but I'm planning on taking my Nomad, and right now it's in SoCal. I might have it in Central Coast by then.

I wonder how many from Santa Barbara to San Luis Obispo plan to go?

Bob

Bob there is always this show closer to you that weekend.

http://morrobaycarshow.org/phone/index.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I don't have a number yet, but registered back in August. We plan to stay Wednesday night in the Palm Springs area and drive up to Bakersfield on Thursday morning. After the show, we'll drive over to Laughlin, Nv for the night. We can't wait for this show!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Bob there is always this show closer to you that weekend.

http://morrobaycarshow.org/phone/index.html

Yep, but I'll be doing the West Coast Kustoms National in Santa Maria on the 22nd, and The Pismo Classic June 1st. Hoping to have my Olds ready for the Kustoms National, and the Nomad for the Classic. There's also an FJ40 meet at the Pismo Dunes I plan to attend. The meet at Nojoqui is fun and the one in Cambria draws some nice cars. Something happening around there all summer. I've heard the show at Morro Bay is nice but I'm always someplace else.
Atascadero and Paso Robles are a couple of others...and there's always the Derelicts that meet every Saturday morning in Arroyo Grande.
Looking forward to The Invasion.
Bob

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yep, but I'll be doing the West Coast Kustoms National in Santa Maria on the 22nd, and The Pismo Classic June 1st. Hoping to have my Olds ready for the Kustoms National, and the Nomad for the Classic. There's also an FJ40 meet at the Pismo Dunes I plan to attend. The meet at Nojoqui is fun and the one in Cambria draws some nice cars. Something happening around there all summer. I've heard the show at Morro Bay is nice but I'm always someplace else.
Atascadero and Paso Robles are a couple of others...and there's always the Derelicts that meet every Saturday morning in Arroyo Grande.
Looking forward to The Invasion.
Bob
I went to the Nojoqui falls show last year with my 57, was fun. I'll be at the invasion for the swap meet only.

I think Atascadero and Paso are the best shows in the area year round. Respectful crowds are my main concern.

I barely take out my car to shows though because I work Saturdays and apparently that's the united states car show day. From a younger generations perspective, I guess I don't really understand paying to bring your expensive car at your own risk to shows.. so I really limit where and when I go.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,534 Posts
Kevin most of us go to the shows to be with car folk friends, meet new friends and share the stories we have. Most local shows are charities so the money you pay goes to a good cause.

·
Premium Member
13,409 Posts
the ATFA sent out an email last week and it said there are 1100+ entries for the Western Invasion. should be a fun time with a decent number of entries.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
the ATFA sent out an email last week and it said there are 1100+ entries for the Western Invasion. should be a fun time with a decent number of entries.
In my opinion, that's a respectable number, John. Will have to see how many cars show up.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Good! That'll be a good crowd, and will probably get bigger. Looking so forward to this event!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My registration is #212 for the Western Invasion. The 1100+ entries so far is for Bowling Green. No specific numbers yet for Bakersfield, although I'm hoping to see a very large turnout. Anyone's number anywhere near 1000? I'll sure be disappointed if there isn't the same amount of support for this new event as there's been for the Nationals. Dave

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I agree with you Dave. I hope there's a huge turnout, let's make it an annual thing.
My wife just finalized our whole trip. We'll leave home Wednesday and drive to Laughlin, NV for the night then on to Bakersfield on Thursday. Sunday, head back to Laughlin and home on Monday.
My registration Number is 37. We have reservations at the Hilton Gardens for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The whole trip is now planned out...........good to have a plan!

·
Premium Member
13,409 Posts
ordered some drag radials for the 56 tonight. also got a second set of wheels for them. I think with some sticky tire I should be in the 12.70 range and if it hooks I should be able to cut a consistent light.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,534 Posts

Find this very hard to believe since the highest registration number I have seen is about 240. Anyone have one higher than that?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Find this very hard to believe since the highest registration number I have seen is about 240. Anyone have one higher than that?

I sent my check on 02/03, and it was cashed 02/07. I haven't received my number yet.
Bob

1 - 20 of 61 Posts