Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
48,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard about this this morning, when I was speaking with Daniel on the phone...Danchuk and ATFA are doing a show on the west coast in Bakersfield, CA in May 2020 that will be similar Nationals in Bowling Green, except no give away car....See this link: https://www.americantrifive.com/western-invasion.html

She has already told me that if we want to set-up a Trifive.com meet and greet tent there that she will accommodate the spot and special VIP pass.

If anyone is going and interested in coordinating our group activities at the event, please let me know.

·
48,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm sure that this event will now take away some participation from the main event in BG KY.
Maybe that's part of the reasoning behind it, since the event in BG is getting so big.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,516 Posts
There are very few that go to BG from Westcoast so I doubt it will effect that show at all. Since the formation of this group from Indiana they have promised a show in Calif. guess they figure it is owed. It’s a very bad location for most even on the Westcoast, it’s a drag race track with no trees, grass or even hotels nearby and high crime rates. It’s about 3 hours from me so I’ll go to see what it’s about, not sure I’ll take my car though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'm in.........

Famoso is only 20 minutes drive from Bakersfield.... it's not the most scenic but lots of hotel/motel options.... tons of restaurants....

The weather there at the end of April/early May is likely to be spectacular.....

:congrats:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
For me Bowling Green is awesome with plenty to do besides the event . The people are so friendly and actually welcomed us to their town . Calif. would require a flight . the 12 hour ride to BG is enough driving for me. If I was to plan the Calif. event I think I would have to make a long vacation there and see some of the countryside.....someone mentioned a high crime area........hmmm....it can not be worse than the Baltimore area which in some parts looks like Somalia. The city is broken and the murder rate is outrageous. :gba:

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I have a daughter in LA, so I can justify this! First of May in Bakersfield, around 80º and next to no humidity. Lows in the upper 50's. Two long days of driving for me across the continental divide thru Colorado, Utah, Nevada. It's a scenic drive. Better get that letter off to Santa soon for that a/c unit!

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Attended 3 Nationals in BG (drove my car twice). Enjoyed the drive over as much as the show but, that's a long ways to go so I'm pretty much done doing that again. (Been there, done that).

The Westcoast show sounds interesting so, we'll check it out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
B’field is only an hour and a half drive for me. It has a great classic-muscle car culture there. Tons of race and speed shops too. Famoso hosts nostalgia drags every season and is the home of Pacific Street Car Association, a great heads up drag racing group. It’s a real historic place for west coast hot rodders.

Like another member pointed out, there are plenty of medium priced hotels and great restaurants. Being a farm community, it has been influenced by immigrants coming to work and the cuisine shows it. There is great Mexican , Asian and Basque restaurants. Basque food is really unique and comes from immigrants who were sheep herders.

I would definitely bring a car there and volunteer to help in any way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,142 Posts
I'm in.........

Famoso is only 20 minutes drive from Bakersfield.... it's not the most scenic but lots of hotel/motel options.... tons of restaurants....

The weather there at the end of April/early May is likely to be spectacular.....

:congrats:
actually with the new traffic patterns and the always never ending construction on 99 south it's like 30 minutes. and the crime there is big.

·
Premium Member
13,142 Posts
B’field is only an hour and a half drive for me. It has a great classic-muscle car culture there. Tons of race and speed shops too. Famoso hosts nostalgia drags every season and is the home of Pacific Street Car Association, a great heads up drag racing group. It’s a real historic place for west coast hot rodders.

Like another member pointed out, there are plenty of medium priced hotels and great restaurants. Being a farm community, it has been influenced by immigrants coming to work and the cuisine shows it. There is great Mexican , Asian and Basque restaurants. Basque food is really unique and comes from immigrants who were sheep herders.

there really isn't any speed shops in Bako any more, used to be a few but they al all gone

·
48,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Frank....Do you have a tent?....I have another Trifive.com banner around here that I can mail to you, if you want to set-up a meet and greet location.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Frank....Do you have a tent....I have another Trifive.com banner around here that I can mail to you, if you want to set-up a meet and greet location.

May of next year is a long ways away. I should have said “depending on my future work schedule.” Now that I know when it is, I’ll put it in my calendar. I’m semi-retired and take overseas consulting gigs, about 4-6 a year. I’ll definitely keep this in mind and try not to schedule anything for May.

I don’t have an e-z up now but have been meaning to get one. This would be a good excuse. I’ll reach out when the event is closer and I know for sure that I’ll be here.

·
48,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don’t have an e-z up now but have been meaning to get one. This would be a good excuse. I’ll reach out when the event is closer and I know for sure that I’ll be here.
Thanks Frank....If you let me know at least a couple of months in advance, I may be able help you with funding on the tent from our owners.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts