Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
We should have been getting ready for first day of the Western Invasion in a couple of hours. Spending my holidays replacing quarters on the 55 instead.
Maybe next year.:bowtier:

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
We should have been getting ready for first day of the Western Invasion in a couple of hours. Spending my holidays replacing quarters on the 55 instead.
Maybe next year.:bowtier:
I was thinking the same thing yesterday...I was surprised at how heartbroken my wife was that we weren't going.
So this weekend I am installing insulation and carpets on the 56. Time well spent nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Same thing here, my wife has it written on the calendar. We were sooooo looking forward to this show. That was 3 on our spring list that got cancelled. We thought about heading to Salt Lake City for the Good Guys show in 2 weeks, but it got rescheduled last week. Maybe I should just order the new glass kit and get that done.

·
Premium Member
13,142 Posts
I was really looking forward to this weekend event, now I am stuck in the yard replacing fence posts YUCK.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I am with the rest of you. I was really looking forward to flying out to California and hanging out with John and Rick, maybe see Gary Fong and Mel, and the rest of you. But, just not in the cards for this year. And frankly, I have a couple of the co morbidities for this virus and if I catch it, I am done for, so I will play this better safe then sorry.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,516 Posts
This is the summer to write off, might as well just do car projects that you have. Most of the spring summer shows here got cancelled or pushed off till fall, thinking Midwest might still have some later in summer but not holding my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
This is the summer to write off, might as well just do car projects that you have. Most of the spring summer shows here got cancelled or pushed off till fall, thinking Midwest might still have some later in summer but not holding my breath.
Randy,

I wrote off this year's car show season about a month ago. Normally I like to keep the 56 (and the other cars) in running condition for the summer season, but this year is like no other. Getting a LOT of stuff done on my 56 as we speak.

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
I Was Ready!!! I had my '55 Nomad ready to go from SoCal, my yellow and black 4dr HT from Central Coast, or my all black '56 2dr HT from NorCal. Since I've been "sheltering" on the Central Coast it was probably going to be my mordoor.
We jumped in it this morning for pleasure cruise. Got the Oldies going on the Retro 2 and we headed to Morro Bay where we had lunch and then on to Cayucos on Hwy1. We cruised down their main drag and it was like a one car parade. Little kids would wave at us and thumbs up from the adults. We found a parking spot next to a biker dude who was riding his own '56. We chatted cars and bikes for a bit then wife and I walked to the beach where we used to take our grandkids many years ago. In spite of Gov Newsom shutting down the State beaches, this one still had it's share of sunbathers and no cops chasing people away.
From Cayucos we headed north on Hwy 1 again and then went east on Hwy 46. This highway takes us through wine countries with wineries offering drive-thru service...not by the glass I hope.
Hwy 46 would have taken us through a scenic hilly drive to the San Joaquin Valley and the town of Famoso, site of the Western Invasion...We were half ways there.
Bob

Cayucos 2 May 2020.JPG

Cayucos 1 May 2020.JPG

·
Registered
820 Posts
Being from the East Coast, I was not going to make the West Coast Invasion. I feel terrible for all those who were planning on attending. It looked to be an incredible event that potentially could have rivaled Nationals. It really sucks that this was the inaugural event. With CA weather, it would have been nice if it was just postponed until later in the year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Reading these older post about the cancellations make me sad. This whole virus situation has changed things so much that sometimes I feel like I am in the 70's Charlton Heston post-apocalyptic movie "The Omega Man".

101 - 115 of 115 Posts