Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Working on mounting a C4 Z51 power steering cooler on the front end of my '56 (with C4 front end). Had to make the brackets for it myself since I couldn't find the factory ones to save my life. Picked up a stock '89 Z51 aluminum cooler from ebay...these things are monsters...10 pass coolers. GM wasn't screwing around with these things...it's massive. Mocked up the brackets with cardboard, have the brackets cut...need to bend them a bit in a vice as GM had them mounted at about a 30 degree angle (I think for ground clearance). Will get them on this weekend and take my pops for a ride and scare the crap outta him ;)

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
For those in Engineering, you understand the concept of “Mission Creep”….

This started out as a company coming over to put in hardwood floors in our bedroom and closet.

I got pulled into touching up paint. Well, the island in the kitchen didn’t have any touch up paint, but we knew the color. I went to S-W and got a quart ($21 for that stuff….. ugh). Went home and did the touch-ups.

Paint I got was matte , island was previously done in satin / semi-glossish. Guess who then got stuck repainting the entire island……. 🙄

Black Wood Flooring Architecture Road surface

Cabinetry Countertop Kitchen appliance Kitchen stove Kitchen

Reactions: Dragsix

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hoping this weekend to install the second cam into the new motor. In hopes to fire it up in a week or two for break in take 2! Also working on installing Vintage Air cant really continue on it until the motor is back together.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Putting new pump on pressure washer and working on golf cart. Found cracked frame on golf cart, pulled the cab and replacing driven pulley and gas tank. Drilled rivets out to remove cab and drilled hole in gas tank ( grrrr..).
Gotta get frame welded and see if I can put this sucker back together.
Larry
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Bottle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
343 Posts
Putting new pump on pressure washer and working on golf cart. Found cracked frame on golf cart, pulled the cab and replacing driven pulley and gas tank. Drilled rivets out to remove cab and drilled hole in gas tank ( grrrr..).
Gotta get frame welded and see if I can put this sucker back together.
Larry
View attachment 369586
i have always wanted to mess with a 2 cylinder ezgo to see what it could be turned up to. i have an old yamaha i painted up like the general lee, and put a 13 hp predator engine in it. Of course, after i bought the HF engine, i found carrol stream has a 16 hp engine with the exact same foot print. There are a few mods i have yet to do to the HF engine to spin it up a little past the governor. I forget what it entails, but its some heavier valve springs and going inside the case to massage the governor some, i think.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Just got my engine back together in my '39 Chev, and been getting miles on it. The other night I noticed my speedometer lamp was working, so this morning pulled it to replace the #168 lamp. Lamp was fine, but socket was broken! Only a little over a year old, so irritating.
Ran over to NAPA and found some good quality pigtailed sockets, and cut the old socket off and spliced in the new one. All working great now.
Also did a minor lash adjustment on my Borgeson steering box. It was a bit more play than I like, so adjusted it slightly tighter, and it's much better now.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Back to work on the 65 C10

The cab is done, it is in the paint shop, now I have to build the bed . This will be a full custom set up with a raised floor, and custom side panels, the floor will have a full length trap door that will be on a raising mechanism using a linear actuator. Lots of work, lots of bead rolling, and soft edge breaking on my press break.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Umbrella Automotive design
Wood Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior
Wood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Composite material

141 - 149 of 149 Posts