Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
161 - 180 of 222 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,746 Posts
Got both doors tore apart on my Hardtop

Putting in new vent window seals. whisker channels. moleskin, and driver's door window regulator

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Building a SEMA level vehicle is a daunting and time sucking thing to do. We started this build 5 years ago, built our own frame, suspension and 75% of the sheetmetal, the remaining 25% is OEM.

The cab and chassis are at paint and the bed is my last push and I have been pushing hard on it for over a month. It needs to be out of here as the next build is sitting here.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Train Railway
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
10,841 Posts
Krunk, you definitely have the same affliction that many of us do... :) Since I'm afflicted myself, I can accuse you.. :) (and I don't blame you!)..

Suggestion: buy it, park it out of sight and get back to work on your current project - don't let a new acquisition sidetrack you... :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'm currently working on my Dad's pickup. It's an engine rebuild project for his work truck, a 1970 Chevy C10. The pickup is rusty and trusty so this project was intended to just be a rebuild and get it back on the road. As you can see in the photos, there has been an ongoing case of scope creep.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas Automotive exterior
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
1955 210 two door post, six cylinder, three on a tree, Navajo Tan and India Ivory
1,929 Posts
Krunk - that looks exactly like my '55 - Navaho Tan and India Ivory, 2 door post. What motor and trans? Any chance they are original?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Posted these on my build thread but figured it was applicable here. It’s gotta come out again to do wiring and steering box, but doing the column and wheel kept me out of the bars for awhile. The pic of me making car noises is just a bonus.
On the subject of neighbors: we are having a house built on a few acres in the hill country; haven’t met my neighbors yet, but the nearest one has what looks to be a very nice 57 bel air. So I’m hopeful!
Smile Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
Car Vehicle Steering part Window Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
traded the wagon for the above pictured car....55 210 2dr sedan....been off the road since 1974
Krunk - that looks exactly like my '55 - Navaho Tan and India Ivory, 2 door post. What motor and trans? Any chance they are original?
t came with a 235 and 3speed w/overdrive....long gone
It will get my rebuilt 57 265 w/dual quads,and a th400, with a 3.08 posi

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
depends on the neighbors...I'm blessed to have good neighbors. We help each other on our projects. We'll work on my 55 for a while and then switch to one of their projects. Right now I am helping neighbor across the street install an 18X36 swimming pool and next door neighbor and I gutted the walls out of his man cave and rebuilding it.
Heck, I can't even get my car neighbors to give me a few hours help ever! They're great at asking for my help, but always busy when I ask.
I do have great neighbors for other than car stuff though.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Heck, I can't even get my car neighbors to give me a few hours help ever! They're great at asking for my help, but always busy when I ask.
I do have great neighbors for other than car stuff though.
Well, my neighbors aren’t car guys either but they still pitch in an help! Helped install the motor, helped with sanding and D/A sanding the whole car. Helped mask etc!

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Worked on my F250 today. Since it will get sold once my Maverick gets here, I am redoing the body as much as I can with some replacement panels I have and generally sprucing it up.

Junkyard door stripped, painted, and installed. The previous door had rust and a large prang. Still needs a tiny bit of alignment and the outside door lock managed to come unlatched inside so the key won’t open. Ugh.

I had also painted the hood last year and it’s just been sitting, waiting to be installed. That’s done too.

Luggage and bags Bag Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Plant Sky Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,746 Posts
Haven't been working on much lately, since my rotator cuff surgery....Only been over to visit the car at our other house and start it a couple times.

Very frustrating.

Waiting for Larry lamburgey to deliver my rear differential

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Installing a billet grille in the rust bucket 55.
Another case of a kit, where "the advertised # size fits nothing".
So far, I've had to remake the top retainer brackets.
NE1 contemplating doing this give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'm replacing roller lifters in the engine I just built. Currently installed in a '70 C10, the Comp Cams roller lifters getting replaced with Howards units. The Comps were unbearably noisy. Got the rocker geometry figured out with the Howards roller lifters and now waiting for the pushrods to arrive.

Also on the assembly end of replacing head gaskets on my nephew's 2005 Equinox. The head bolt kit came with two bolts not used on his vehicle and now I'm waiting for the bolts I need to arrive.

Daryl, the '56 Belair, awaits its turn for attention. I will be cutting into the drywall in a basement bedroom tomorrow to gain access to the wiring that goes out to the shop housing Daryl. It's currently 12/2 Romex installed by previous owner. I will be pulling in #6 triplex to replace it. Then comes an adequate air compressor, heater, and much work. The goal is to have it drivable by May 2023.

That, too, must wait because I'm currently working on date night plans for the misses and I tonight.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Gave my old Mustang some attention recently. New seat upholstery front and rear, replaced broken water temperature gauge and installed a new starter cable yesterday.

Reactions: DHR Darren
161 - 180 of 222 Posts