Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 1955 Belair and am wondering if someone can recomend a book on what color some parts are painted. License plate frame, heater box,fresh air grills, etc.
Thanks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am not aware of a book but, the license plate mount and fresh air vents were black as far as I know and the heater box was a gray color. You can buy the heater paint from Eastwood I believe and possibly Eklers too. I know that I have seen it in more than one place. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
painted stuff

I have a stock 1955 Belair and am wondering if someone can recomend a book on what color some parts are painted. License plate frame, heater box,fresh air grills, etc.
Thanks.
David, they sell an assembly manual (see below) for a 57 that tells you what every item is supposed to be painted (gloss black, satin black, red oxide, body color, etc.) but I'm not sure about the 55. If you can't find one for the 55 I would think that most of the items would have been painted the same color as on the 57. Several of our sponsors sell the book--I know Mutton Hollow does. :anim_25: JIM.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts