Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 57 belair 2dr hard top and am getting close to painting. As soon as it is put back together, after paint, I plan on selling the car and wondered what the most popular color might be for resale. Appreciate any input you all might have.
Thanks Mike

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
White top/ red body
White top/ black body
White top/ torquise body
White top/ Inca silver body

If you want to be different & still stand out looks at original brochures.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Color Choice

Mike, Can you tell me more about the car? This has always been a dream of mine to buy a 57 for my wife. We will be married 50 years in November and I would love to be able to buy this for her, but it all depends on funds available and what you are going to charge for the car. You say you are in Richmond, is that California? Her color has always been black, but she would love what ever color you choose, but a solid color seems to look better than a 2 tone for a 57, in my humble opinion, but each to his own choice. I had a friend back in 1968 that had a bright red 57 and it was always a head turner. When I was building model cars I seemed to use, orange, red, or yellow.
What is your choice of paint manufacturers? You are welcome to email me at [email protected]
Regards,
Larry From Tulare

·
Registered
67,715 Posts
can't go wrong with an all black one. :tu

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Leave it in primer.
If you paint it balck, everyone will say they want a red car
If you paint it red, they will all want a black car, or a blue car, or a turquoise car, or a ...........
You get the idea. So leave it in primer and let the new owner decide.:)
Cheers, Des

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been thinking of a light silver bottom with a darker silver roof instead of white top. Growing up and always lusting for a 57 my favorite color was turquoise with a with top. Just not sure how that's selling these day's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts