Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! What did you do on your TRI-FIVE today? I hope you post your accomplishment of the today. This is intended to help those keep motivated everyday to work and continue there projects.

You can set up your thread with a instant email notification to your phone or email account so you keep on top of what everyone has accomplished and finished today and everyday.

Thanks!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,791 Posts
Good idea Dan.....Today I plan on picking up the PG transmission from where I had my 700-R4 installed......I noticed that he had some old Chevy's out back.....Not much left to them.....However, I did notice a 61 and 63 Belair.....Will be getting a set of front hubs from one of those.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Stainless stuff.

My plumbing fixtures did not show up for a job so I have the whole morning to work on my car :). I'm going to continue to polish and install the stainless trim. Yesterday I installed the little "fuzzy" things on a couple pieces. (Fuzzy Wuzzies were a bear :)). Plan on going to Moultrie this weekend to see if I can find any deals on stuff I need to keep going with this thing.:blowtiedb: JIM.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cleaning up the shop and getting tools Ready!

·
Registered
510 Posts
sent all the stainless to texas for polishing. filed a dispute with mastercard against scoggins-dickie for billing me for the intake assembly,oil pan and flexplate for an engine for the 57 and not sending them or giving me credit and not returning any of my calls.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I just enjoyed driving my '57 today!

I just finished replacing (over 4 weeks):
- RH rear (stick) engine mount,
- some clutch linkage
- rebuilt starter motor
- repaired RH exhaust manifold

A coincidence, but all of these repairs were in the same area, being a RH Drive car. Even nicer to drive now!:tu

Geoff

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Today, nothing. It's been a couple weeks since I worked on it. I've been amassing parts, got a wiring kit and just got the word Thursday that my back seat is reupholstered, the other should be done by the end of the year.
Yesterday I put brakes on my sister's car, and I got my trailer pulled up to my Mom's garage to make room for . . . I'll let you know when it gets here!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Hopefully I will have some time to work on the custom wood surfboard racks I'm making for my '56 Handyman?

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The 57 is up on stands for the winter. Today I am going to work on the rock chips on the hood. Get those filled in, clear coated and polished out.
Jeffrey

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Sadly...I hooked up the battery tender...covered her with sheets and said goodbye for the winter. Then I did the same to the Harley. Tonight I will do the same to the 60 Corvette.

Don

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Nothing... Absolutely nothing... It's parked/stored for the the winter but I did look in on it today to be sure it's still there... Later, Dave

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sadly...I hooked up the battery tender...covered her with sheets and said goodbye for the winter. Then I did the same to the Harley. Tonight I will do the same to the 60 Corvette.

Don
It's about that time for many of us :sad0049: :sad0049: :bawling: :bawling:

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
Before heading for work, I cleaned up the scattershield still bolted to 4sp on floor and rationalized the price I had paid for a McLeod RXT Twin Disc clutch. Now the weak point will be the poor muncie I just had rebuilt. :hmmmm:

·
Registered
58 Posts
i looked at mine as i was backing out of the garage to head to work, which reminds me that i need to hook up the battery tender and put the cover on it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Drove mine down to the garden centre and brought back 3, 1 ton bags of ballast.

Used my new front loader to lift them off.

Ordinarily I would have taken the Landrover and a trailer - far cooler using the Chevy.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Today? I spent my break at work watching YouTube videos on sheet metal work.

Over the weekend, I swapped in another steering box, which seems to have taken care of all my steering issues.

Its getting to the point where I can't put my floors off any longer. :shot:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,791 Posts
Good idea Dan.....Today I plan on picking up the PG transmission from where I had my 700-R4 installed......I noticed that he had some old Chevy's out back.....Not much left to them.....However, I did notice a 61 and 63 Belair.....Will be getting a set of front hubs from one of those.
Made a good score on some '61 Chevy hubs with the roller bearings.....$20 each.

In addition to what I had planned to do, I got something extra done....Got the rear door fixed on the 55.....It was missing some rods that I got from TheHotrodHandyman (Bruce)...Now it locks and will open from the inside.

Oh yeah.....Took the 55 for a nice long ride also :D

1 - 20 of 191 Posts