1 - 20 of 1269 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,411 Posts
Dreamed about getting mine

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I media blasted my brake pedal assembly in preparation for prime and paint.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Was selected to enter my Nomad in the Classics and Chrome Car Show. Just being selected is a mile stone and is considered an award in itself. So, when they were handing out awards there is no expectations of an award. They had a Tucker 1 of 48. (2)1937 Packards. 1912 Flanders,lone surviving 1934 Austin, 3 million dollar 1952 ferrari and etc. until they called out my name and my 55 Nomad.WOOO-HOOO!!!!!

My Daughter Alicia with the trophy and the hard cover book she made for me as a Christmas present!!!

7,082 Posts
Good Gosh. !!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!! She really shines, well deserved. The Nomad looks Mighty Fine Too. Proud for you. Lloyd

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Was selected to enter my Nomad in the Classics and Chrome Car Show. Just being selected is a mile stone and is considered an award in itself. So, when they were handing out awards there is no expectations of an award. They had a Tucker 1 of 48. (2)1937 Packards. 1912 Flanders,lone surviving 1934 Austin, 3 million dollar 1952 ferrari and etc. until they called out my name and my 55 Nomad.WOOO-HOOO!!!!!
Awesome...Well deserved!!!

Greg

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was asked to help put two of them together one of them the guy has had painted about 7 years but unassembled the other one I cant say much about but SSFF you know of the Car it was supposed to be presented where I saw you last year and its still not even painted.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Today I welded up unused holes in my inner fender wells. Almost ready to prime.

Also.....This weekend my daughter suggested I name my Nomad Snickers because apparently when I don't get my necessary garage time...I get a little grumpy.:sign0020:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Winch, that is a sad story. Hope you get to put the 7 year paint job Nomad togeather. What year is it ?
I spent a few hour laying out , Exterior Stainless Window trim, and inside stainless/Mouldings. Have stuff from Project Nomad and two Parts cars. trying to figure out what i need before going to Spring Carisle. I case i stumble into a Popup full of 5-7 stuff again :happy0030:
I dont know what i did, but this Thread is working. It gives us motivation. seeing the nicely finished Nomads, be shown and driven .

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Strapped down my 57 Nomad for its journey to Carlisle in hopes of an enthusiastic new owner:p3: Space R-45..........and headed out to pick up a super nice extra rolling chassis for the 55 along with a correct and complete 265 4-barrel engine for it. The 55 is in hybernation/planning while I gather some goodies for the future. This is a great thread to keep up with and encourage progress. Congrats to Arnie....a man living his dreams:tu

·
Registered
875 Posts
Its a 57, its painted Turquoise and Ivory, nothing wrong with the paint on it but the owner wants to change it to Silver with a Black Roof, I guess his parents owned one those colors when he was younger, I kind of like it with the Turquoise, oh well at least I talked him out of putting 18" wheels on it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Strapped down my 57 Nomad for its journey to Carlisle in hopes of an enthusiastic new owner:p3: Space R-45..........and headed out to pick up a super nice extra rolling chassis for the 55 along with a correct and complete 265 4-barrel engine for it. The 55 is in hybernation/planning while I gather some goodies for the future. This is a great thread to keep up with and encourage progress. Congrats to Arnie....a man living his dreams:tu
Thanks for the compliment, Greg. Hope you find a buyer for the '57 Nomad and good luck on the '55 nomad to get it on the road. Hope you find time to pick up some nice parts from Carlisle for your build!!!:tu

1 - 20 of 1269 Posts