Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1627 Posts

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,013 Posts
Everybody loves green cars... even Dave and Kevdog... :)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,583 ·
Thanks guys. Funny thing is , this hott lady about 40 y/o tells me the Turquoise color is wrong.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
She's right.. but your car isn't turquoise.. is it? :)

I'm sure you took the lady aside to educate her about trifive colors and other assorted things... right? :)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Today our 55’ Nomad .received a NSRA Safety Inspection .
Stretch
As P/O'd as I am at the NSRA, I still believe their inspection effort serves a very valuable purpose for the hobby in general. Wish GG had a similar initiative to provide a fresh set of eyes to willing participants.
JR

·
Registered
1956 Nomad
402 Posts
Another day of getting my powerglide into reverse.. finally got it. The pivot stud on the side of the case for the rear bellcrank finally showed its 65 year old age.. thankfully $20 on ebay got me a NOS stud and almost all the slop is gone. Waiting for a new bushing kit to arrive along with a seal kit for the shift shaft and pressure valve arm. Hopefully take up the rest of the slop and get rid of the pesky drop of fluid on the ground.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,589 ·
Karl, good luck getting parts .
Its hard to get parts here.
Must be very very hard over there .
Stretch

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,590 ·
Guys Really . No Nomad activity in 6 days ? 🤔
My Bad - been riding th 39‘ during this awesome northeast Sep weather.
Tomorrow will prob drive the 55’ or beat the 57’ ?
Stretch

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
I've had the use of a friend's paint booth the last week, so I spent 3 days there cleaning, hanging, and painting a bunch of small parts, including bumper brackets and a few other parts needed to be black, and my interior garnish mouldings and other parts that needed to be Victory Red. For some of those red parts, it was my second attempt to paint them... so hopefully this time was a success!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I cannot seem to get near the Nomad. I've missed many great shows that were planned for the summer. Spring was used to get the 150 complete enough to attend the Tri Five Nats along with major kitchen rehab here at home. Now loading for Fall Carlisle and trying to finish my 57 wagon for Ocean City in a couple of weeks, marketing cars and parts along the way. Life is good, thank you Lord

·
Registered
79 Posts
I posted a while back that I was trimming the front mounts to clear the 8" balancer, so that I could try running the engine. Never posted the results. The carb I had "in stock" was flooding, so pulled the top and found the float settings way off. Cleaned it up, and reset the float. Cleaned and re-gapped all of the plugs, and got it running. Blew a bunch of housing material out of the mufflers, and rotted header collector. Engine seems to run decent with good oil pressure.
I've been going through the rest of the car, to determine what parts I need for this winter's work. In that vein, trying to determine most effective way to get the big parts here to Canada. Floorpan, full outer rockers(new caps on it now), and quarter panels. Pretty sure I'm also going to order in a large gas tank, as I will be building a new cargo floor, and rear shock bar, while eliminating the spare tire well. Any one with experience doing this with wagon please feel free to DM me or post.
Have a list of smaller parts that I'm finalizing for order with Jay.
Automotive tire Tread Wood Road surface Line
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Motor vehicle Font Gas Electric blue Tree

Pics for those who like them.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,595 ·
Well after being in VT 5 days over two weekends. Got some time to remove all the VT BUGS , very slowly and carefully.
🙄 Stretch

·
Registered
1956 Nomad
402 Posts
Replaced all the dash bulbs (with exception of the generator light) with LEDs. found some single LED frosted lens "warm white" to avoid the bluish white light that LEDs tend to produce. Not extremely bright thankfully, a good upgrade from original 1w-2w bulbs.

Spent 4 hours, 26,000 steps and about 8 miles of walking around Carlisle Fall Swap meet today. Way too much to do in a day, ended up coming home with some Cal Custom valve covers and a 7/8 scale Caddy air cleaner for my 327 swap this winter. Also picked up a TH350 to replace the powerglide and tide me over until I can get a overspeed trans built.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
He did, Stretch, as did an amazing number of Nomad and Safari owners. It's really great that so many that own these cars stop by. Perfect weather, good crowds and, from what I could see at my space, field full of venders. I went light as I had to leave early but sales were excellent.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is what I did to my Nomad today. Changed wheels and tires and got rid of bumper accessories.
Before.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

After
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

1581 - 1600 of 1627 Posts