Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1601 - 1620 of 1627 Posts

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,013 Posts
Was something wrong with your 'bumper accessories'? or did you just not like them?

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Then you both got a great deal! :) (but mostly him).. :)

·
Registered
1956 Nomad
402 Posts
Great upgrade with the whitewalls.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,606 ·
Saturday, 2.5 hrs to Conn. Hot Rod Fallout , 4-5 hundred traditional cars . If not ya park up on the hill, not in the traditional field . After me takes this pic, drive through 45 min of rain. Then cleared out to be a great day. I got there , got busy, never took cleaning kit out. 😬
Car Cloud Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Saturday, 2.5 hrs to Conn. Hot Rod Fallout , 4-5 hundred traditional cars . If not ya park up on the hill, not in the traditional field . After me takes this pic, drive through 45 min of rain. Then cleared out to be a great day. I got there , got busy, never took cleaning kit out. 😬 View attachment 349323
WINNER!! Those are the days that are the payback. (y)(y)

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Stretch: NOW that your '55 Nomad is finished, I think it's TIME for you to do a photo expose` of the car... all angles, interior, cargo area, underneath (if you can), and engine compartment. I feel like I'm being teased with the few small photos you've posted, and I think I LOVE your car... :)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,609 · (Edited)
350 w/Carb for now , 700R4, 79 Trans Am 10 bolt drum. 500 box, Power Disc/ Drum.
Alum Rad (black) big GM Fan w/ clutch & shroud.
55 PP air cleaner- Mikey converted the bottom.
Inner fenders , core , & bottom of hood - semi black.
Cars 55‘ Nomad waffle interior, cargo stainless & linoleum, Juliano’s 3 point belts.
Basically , nothing fancy . But functional
2,500 + miles in 6 months.
Stretch

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Do I have to send you a camera to get some photos? :)

Gary

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,611 ·
No. And coming from a guy that hardly ever posts pictures 🤔
You can come up and take care of 17 + responsibilities I have going on, so I can sit on me Butt and send pics.
In the mean time there is Post #
1575, 1544, 1521, 1500, 1443 & 1397.
Gd Nite

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Have a great day Dave.... :)

·
Registered
1956 Nomad
402 Posts
Those of you who put dynamat or some other type of deadener in the interior, did you put it beneath the cargo wood? My wood is already in place and dont feel like pulling the vinyl to pull screws. unless the difference is a huge improvement. its on my winter list of things to do. Also considered changing from vinyl to carpet over the wood to match the rest of the car and not have to deal with the smudges and slippery surface.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Kal,
Yes, I did put the mat under my cargo wood (on the flat sections), but if you don't have it, I don't think it's going to make a lot of difference given the weight of the wood that is attached to that metal (and the metal doesn't really have large flat sections either).

Re the carpet: If you have stock linoleum in your cargo area now, I'd suggest retaining it, but you might consider having a piece of carpet cut to fit 'over it', cut to fit snugly inside the wheel wells, and have the edges finished and sewn to prevent fraying; that is my plan to prevent the scratching of the linoleum when I slide things in and out on trips. The carpet can be removed very easily for shows (if you like)...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
...you might consider having a piece of carpet cut to fit 'over it', cut to fit snugly inside the wheel wells, and have the edges finished and sewn to prevent fraying; that is my plan to prevent the scratching of the linoleum ...
A very practical and prudent step, Gary - just make sure the underside of the carpeting isn't coarse enough to do a little scratching of the linoleum on it's own. Would be easy enough to glue a layer of vinyl (or similar) to the bottom of the carpet (facing down) to protect the finish of the linoleum.
JR

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Good point JR... what's the most practical for the bottom side? cotton cloth glued to the backing?

·
Registered
1956 Nomad
402 Posts
my vinyl is reproduction stuff, I will probably keep it and go with some sort of cover. I just keep a beach towel back there for now to put the chairs and detail box on for weekend shows. I have seen a few with the matching short pile carpet like the passenger area and it looks pretty sharp with the stainless trim installed over it.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Good point JR... what's the most practical for the bottom side? cotton cloth glued to the backing?
Cotton, or anything really to neutralize any scrubbing the carpet backing might do...how about vinyl with the 'good side' down - would that tend to grip the linoleum a little and help keep the carpet in place?

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
JR: I like your 'vinyl' backing idea for the carpet, as it should help to keep it in place and protect the cargo covering...

The carpet shouldn't move much at all IF it's sized/shaped to fit precisely in the cargo space, from the back of the rear seat to the tailgate and snug around the wheel wells/

1601 - 1620 of 1627 Posts