Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:anim_32:We blow holes in Fords! Mike (737pilot) came over to the shop to get some practice welding. It's a 66 Mustang coupe I've replaced the whole front end on after a collision it experienced. Mike wanted to learn how to weld, so he laid down some molten metal on the old 'Stang. Mike sorta turned into a monster after that. He started welding anything he could strike an arc against. Doors, plastic cups, his foot. You name it!! :eek: Don't worry Otis, no Chevys were harmed in this photo!!!

Cheers:anim_32:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
HA! I just saw this thread! I am no good at welding! Thank God it was a Rustang! Since Dave didn't take any close ups of my work, here's a few examples:

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
don't quit you day job mike. :scared0016:
:laugh: :laugh:

I'm not an expert by no means, but I just love to weld... don't know what's wrong with me :rolleyes:

Remember Mike practice makes perfect :tu

It's just like flying - if you do a bad landing just redo (if it wasn't too bad...) :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Glad I fly better than I weld!! I'm good at destroying things. Maybe Dave will post some pictures of the destruction we did to his Nomad floors today!!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Now don't go anywhere near the aircraft maintenance facility, will you!

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Don`t feel bad Mike. I bought a wire welder a few months back and finally started playing with it about 4 weeks ago. My welding is not the greatest either. But it seems to be getting better. That said i wouldn`t weld on anything that might be life threatening to me or anyone else.:D I can`t find enough welding projects to play with now though.
Terry

·
Registered
483 Posts
ummmm next time try welding from next to the work instead of tossing the puddles across the shop and hoping they land right....

(or invest in a TIG - they are super easier than stick or MIG)

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
When Drinking Becomes a Problem

WHEN DRINKING BECOMES A PROBLEM.

This is a man striking a conversation.

Wonder how long the conversation lasted

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts