Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snapped this photo at a car show the next day...(Belle won top 20 here)
Do you 55 Chevies like it or not? He just bought it as is from a guy in Florida 3 days before this show and had it trucked up to VA.
Johnny

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm guessing it was a "creative" attempt at making a tubbed car's interior useful. Not my taste. There seems to be no theme and it just looks...um...well, not so good. But that's just me...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Looks like the super rare amphibious 55 boatair model, does it have a propeller under the rear bumper? Might be the cover over a boat engine...

On a serious note, looks to be a very nice ride.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I like the front seats styling and material, but not the back. I guess if its tubbed not much you can do with it. Good attempt though at making it looked good to hide the sheet metal for the rear end.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool Bob so you know how much he paid for it! yeah I dont like the rear...I told him it wasnt functional and a shame it was now a two seater...he said he might remove it..but more $$$

·
Registered
99 Posts
The front of the car looks great but what's going on with the back seat. Maybe if it was a full blown Pro-Street tubbed to the max. I'm not feeling the interior. JMPO

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok now I remember he told me the prior owner ran out of money to finish the back seat as it was 400 -500$ more...so you pay 70K for a car and you cant pay an additional bit of money to finish it well?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I met the owner too at the Kena car show on Sun. It's a great looking car, even underneath. I did not care for the back seat area - just a huge waste of space, in my opinion. I have some more pics of the car I can post as well.

I invited him to join trifive.com, so hopefully we'll be seeing a member introduction from him soon.

·
Registered
67,743 Posts
good looking 55. :tu ....................... back-seat area is different. :confused0006:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I dont like the color, backseat or anything else about that interior. It looks like a lot of money was spent doing it wrong.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Regarding "no back seat" all you that think the 2 Lane and AG '55 are so great...no backseat there either...at least the AG car had a tonneau cover over the backseat area...:)

With that cars backseat area you could put one heck of sound system in there with room to spare:sign0020:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts