Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spindles have SPINDLES 55-57 stamped on the inside. I dont see any other markings that distinguish who made them. I am looking do do a Wilwood upgrade. Wilwood has upgrades for stock an Heits spindles only. There are so many companies that sell drop spinldles, is there only one company that actually manufactures them? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
quikdime, look at the photo that Had a Few Trifives posted.

It has the caliper brackets cast as part of the spindle. If yours is that way, you can't put the Wilwood stuff on that style.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I found a post in another forum from 2006 that identifies them as Superior Spindles. I didn't find anything from them on the web since about 2006 or 07. Maybe they went out of business?

Rick is right, they will only fit the GM type brake conversion stuff. I think these are only a 10 inch disc, and a single piston caliper.

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
If you google "Superior Spindles", you don't get any hits for the company on the first 2 pages. Links to various forums are 3-8 years old.

I don't think they exist any more based on that. Or if they do, they don't have any kind of retail presence, or they have a different name now.

I don't know about their 55-57 designs, but most of their designs had cast caliper brackets and they also had the steering arm cast as part of the spindle.

Their stuff was never popular in recent times for 55-57s even when they were in business.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Calipers?

If it uses 68-72 Chevelle calipers it should be possible to put Stainless Steel Brake Corp. Double piston calipers on. If it has cast steering arms you probably won't be able to use r&p steering though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for everyones help. I found out they are made in Japan. Wilwood cant be bolted too them. They are coming off my car. I will have to purchase the Heidts drop spindles for the Wilwood brakes. Anyone out there has a line on some? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts