Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1955 Belair convertible
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1955 convert. front door rear channels inside the door. With channels secured, new vent windows and I drop the window a couple of inches the glass can rock back and forth enough to come out of the upper vent window channel. Lower channels have nothing but some thin fabric of some kind. See pictures.
Fingers are in the way on purpose. Creates better light on the fabric.

Triangle Wood Insect Cone Tints and shades

Wood Font Hardwood Human leg Rectangle

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
54,655 Posts
That is the rear track for your window glass...A product called "moleskin" or "mohair" is glued in there.

See the attached article

Attachments

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
11,953 Posts
What is in there is just like the factory used, that is all they used. I redid one side because there was nothing there when I removed it.

There is a slot on the lower end of the vent window post, you can move the stud back and forth or moving the stud in or out. There is no
other adjustments.

Mikey

Reactions: Pops @ Tri-5.com

·
Premium Member
1955 Belair convertible
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did all those adjustments. Didn't help. Those channels are too big for the glass and allows it to move left and right enough to come out of the channel.

·
54,655 Posts
Did all those adjustments. Didn't help. Those channels are too big for the glass and allows it to move left and right enough to come out of the channel.
If the glass is coming out of the lower channel, it sounds like the glass setting channel rubber(tape) has deteriorated and failed.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
11,953 Posts
Then the solution may be pinching the opening top to bottom or going to a fabric store and purchase more of the Velcro type material to add
a layer. The repro chrome frames may be narrower than the OEM

These are photos of my NOS rear channel. Liner is no thicker than the material I installed in the channel

If the frame and glass are coming out at the top, it may also be due to the fact the NEW aftermarket regs have 26 teeth not the 23
the OEM ones have. There are 2 window stops on the top inside shelf for the door. Those MUST hit the lip on the lower glass setting
channel. If they don't then you can "lift" the window too far. Adjustment between the front and rear is critical to keep the window from
pivoting.

Street light Road surface Wood Asphalt Grey
Automotive tire Bumper Road surface Asphalt Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Bumper Tints and shades

·
Premium Member
1955 Belair convertible
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the issue is that the two vertical channels are, for what ever reason, too far apart at the bottom. Obviously the front channel is limited by the vent window. I may try enlongating the slot it has. The channel at the end on the door I'm going to try something on. I'll let you know tomorrow if it works.

·
54,655 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts