Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the scoop. Down the street from where I work I have discovered a 56 4 Dr. sedan. My son went over and looked at it. Dad bought it for his son, son not interested. Car is dencent, needs some floor repair and minor rocker fixes, mostly complete. Front clip off, original 265 and powerglide removed. Rolling car 85% complete of parts, all windows, trim intact. Needs bumpers put on and some other odds and ends but pretty much all there. Car needs complete resto but is sound enough to be a good driver to start. Comes with all repair sheetmetal needed. He said he wants $4,800. Is that in the ballpark or is it on the high side ? I feel that I have run across better deals than that when I really wasn't looking for a car. What everyones opinion ??

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
without seeing pics id say it might be a little on the high side. out of trifives 56's usually cost more to restore, its hard to find decent front clips at a good price. if it has a nice one thats a big plus. they have some nice 56's on the des moines ia craigslist for around 5 grand

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
high for a non driver, still might be fun to make it a driver. :confused0006:

·
Registered
477 Posts
If it was a runner maybe but as it is, nope. I without seeing think $3000 tops. The value will never go up much even put together as a 4 dr runner at the asking price! Offer low he can only say no, then wait him out. Christmas is coming and the price will go down.:anim_25:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Tricky negotiations ahead if you want it. Because of how you'll build it, no one will think its worth as much as you do. Best get it for a low # so you'll have more for the build.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I agree. All those cars you all posted are miles from where this car is. It is nowhere shiny nicely painted at all. It is a sound car but I felt that around the 4800 it need to be a turn key rough driver. It is a minor project to be a rough driver. I may bey a cheap ******* but I felt 2500 was pushing it, 2000 was more in the ball park. It is sitting in their driveway, I will have to snap a pic of it. The dad wants to talk to me my son said. Maybe I should go over in my car !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts