Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace the crushed curved sheet metal below the tail light on my 55 2dr hardtop passenger side between the light and the bumper.

Looked back a few months at post and could not find it. Looked at several websites and no luck.

Think it may came in 2 pieces but not sure. Would like to find single piece.

A name would help narrow the search

Thanks
Bigg-o

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like from the trunk halfway. Is there another piece that goes around the corner to the rear quarter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It only comes with the quarter panel. They do produce a lower half quarter for the 55. The other option is hope some one has a parts care with one somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
72 Posts
I have to replace the crushed curved sheet metal below the tail light on my 55 2dr hardtop passenger side between the light and the bumper.

Looked back a few months at post and could not find it. Looked at several websites and no luck.

Think it may came in 2 pieces but not sure. Would like to find single piece.

A name would help narrow the search

Thanks
Bigg-o
don’t make the same mistake I did and fit your tail tail light before you weld er all up ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
You could try somebody that has some spare sheet metal from old salvage car's. I tried one guy but he didn't have anything better than mine. Check Craigslist. Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you want to pay for shipping try these guys

Dvap.com

I just called they are over pricing stuff

They wanted 325 for the sheetmetal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
72 Posts
Terry is right it only comes with the quarter panel as far as I can find out , the inside piece is the “ trunk to quarter patch panel “

·
Premium Member
15,008 Posts
Where are you located? I may have a used section on a rear clip I have here that will work for you. Can you post a picture of your damage so I can see if I have enough metal for your needs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I need the section below the light. You can see the body filler that I grinded off

·
Premium Member
15,008 Posts

I need the section below the light. You can see the body filler that I grinded off
I have a good section for that area from the trunk opening all the way around to the side, I'll get some pictures tomorrow. PM me your email address and I can send them to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts