Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some rust damage on my 1955 Chevy Bel Air. I cannot seem to find information about this part of the car. Mainly because, I'm probably not referring to it by it's proper name.

Can someone tell me what is it's proper name so I can research how to get it repaired?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that's what I thought. Thanks. Now I just can't figure out why whenever I do a search for "A-Pillar" I'm getting all kinds of references to the lower section of the A-Pillar (near the door hinges and below).

Some local shop kept telling me they could get them from Danchuk, but since I could not locate them new anywhere I'm guessing these are one of those parts that are not being manufactured?

It's called an A Pilar

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Terry, that's what I thought. With all the 55's getting scarcer, I may be in for a long search. :(

·
Registered
961 Posts
Other issues & causes??

Was it in an accident at one time? That might indicate only localized issues with rust. If not or unknown: Check the cowl drains and their associated sheet metal. Might be some more parts to order, & if so you might be able to save on freight if a package deal.

·
12,256 Posts
Thanks Terry, that's what I thought. With all the 55's getting scarcer, I may be in for a long search. :(
You can get that section from any model 55-56...they're all the same in that area. I got one for MP&C locally and shipped it to him some time ago. He used to fix the wagon he's working on. You might want to search on his ID for the thread on how to do it correctly. He did a great job on the repair.

I don't believe any of that area is repopped yet.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
davesport i have watched marksums build a couple of times and this man is a master craftsmen i would get in touch wit him,hes a picasso with metal

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
You might be able to get an "A" post here:

http://www.under1981.com/CHEVYPARTS.html

E-Mail:

BERNARD MURPHY([email protected])

I was able to get the backend of the left rear quarter panel (Tail light and gas door area) from him - told him how much I needed and he cut it out with enough overlap for cutting out old and welding in the replacement part.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Don, I sent him a message. Hopefully he can help or point me in the right direction. I'm getting so frustrated because I feel like I'm stuck in a place where nobody understands these classics. bowtie-trifive

davesport i have watched marksums build a couple of times and this man is a master craftsmen i would get in touch wit him,hes a picasso with metal

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
parts

Hey trifivpreserver, looks like you can sell more parts of the same car that you cut mine from......He needs your help.....
You can buy from trifivepreserver --his prices are good and he will ship fast .And he takes pay pal... don't get any better than that......

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Hey trifivpreserver, looks like you can sell more parts of the same car that you cut mine from......He needs your help.....
You can buy from trifivepreserver --his prices are good and he will ship fast .And he takes pay pal... don't get any better than that......
:tu 2nd that
trifivepreserver

Is Great to deal with and his prices are good too.:flag6:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts