Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer.

Changed valve cover gasket on driver's side on Saturday, it was leaking directly onto the exhaust.

I have a 327 and noticed the casting code for the head was 39H7041

Think I have that right, as I had very greasey hands at the time and couldn't get to a pen and paper. I "think" I saved it in my dwindling memory.

Anyone know what that head casting would equate to? The mechanic that worked on the car for the previous owner told me they were '86 Chevy double hump fuelie heads.

Thank you

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also had a "GM" stamping in a seperate location and J11 stamped in another seperate location from "GM" and from the 39H7041 number on the head between the rockers

thank you all in advance

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer.

Changed valve cover gasket on driver's side on Saturday, it was leaking directly onto the exhaust.

I have a 327 and noticed the casting code for the head was 39H7041

Think I have that right, as I had very greasey hands at the time and couldn't get to a pen and paper. I "think" I saved it in my dwindling memory.

Anyone know what that head casting would equate to? The mechanic that worked on the car for the previous owner told me they were '86 Chevy double hump fuelie heads.

Thank you
The prevous owner is full of it, for a Camel Hump head was about 1970 on 186castings. Some of the early over the counter heads like the turbo heads
may also have them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts