Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Yep, what we've always called a garden spider. I have one outside my shop now. I leave it alone and let it eat as many bugs as it can.
If they're inside the house....they gotta go.
But outside, leave 'em be.

Argiope aurantia is commonly known as the Black and Yellow Garden Spider, Writing Spider, Banana Spider or Corn Spider. It is common to the lower 48 of the United States, Hawaii, southern Canada, Mexico, and Central America. They have distinctive yellow and black markings on their abdomens and a mostly white cephalothorax. Males range from 5 to 9 mm (0.2-0.35"); females from 19 to 28 mm (0.75-1.1"). Like other members of Argiope they are considered harmless to humans.
Those dimentions are the body, not including the legs.

7,082 Posts
Yep, what we've always called a garden spider. I have one outside my shop now. I leave it alone and let it eat as many bugs as it can.
If they're inside the house....they gotta go.
But outside, leave 'em be.

YES SIR !!!! Lloyd

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well I've always called them Banana Spiders, huge web, huge spider and when they get ready to jump, they move that web, bouncing it and when they do that there fixin to jump.
Now I just killed my second Coral Snake next to the wife's flower bed yesterday. Boy they are beautiful, and I hate killin them, but I'd rather keep my wife. Last year when I dug my fish pond and filled it with water, the next morning I had a coral snake in there. Been here not quite a year and killed two. They are creepy, knowing how deadly they are. We've got 3 woody the Woodpeckers, 4 red headed woodpeckers and lots of copperhead snakes and now Coral snakes, fabulous, all God's blessings.
The problem with the Coral Snakes, there heads are black so they could be in the wifes flower beds and she wouldn't see it. That's what bothers me, and now their saying their not going to produce the vaccine anymore.
Bob H

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts