Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What other Classic Vehicles do you own.

I own a 1964 Mercury Comet , 2 Door, AC, PS, PB, Automatic, with a 260 v8 engine, Since it is a Ford Product My wife is the declaired owner.

Of Course my car is a 57 Chevy.

Otis:)

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've got a 69 Chevelle that I rescued from being a stripped out race car.

I worked like crazy on it over the course of a year and got it to "driver" quality. That's good enough for me... ;)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
19_Chevelle_69 said:
I've got a 69 Chevelle that I rescued from being a stripped out race car.

I worked like crazy on it over the course of a year and got it to "driver" quality. That's good enough for me... ;)

I love that Chevelle! A good friend of mine went to the Barrett-Jackson auction here in West Palm Beach last week and bought a 69 Chevelle - he paid OVER $50,000 for it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
firebird 400

we also own a 1969 firebird 400/400 convertible. when i learn how to post pic's i will. beautiful car, not to many around, at least not here. year one says only 11,400 produced.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1964 Belair 2 dr sedan on a 1986 Monte Carlo frame with a 30 over 454 , 700 R4 and 3:70 Posi Rear. Also 1964 Chevelle 300 2 Dr with a 300 HP 327, 200 R4 and 3:08 rear

·
Registered
143 Posts
Other Car Toys

My Second Car Was A 1955 2dr Belair H/t Which I Still Own Since July 1959. It Has Been A Driver, Drag Racer, And Now A Driver Again. All Original Outside And Inside With A Modern Drive Train. Two Tone Black And White With Red Interior.

My First Car Was A 1950 Plymouth One Seat Business Coupe. I Found One Like It A Couple Of Years Ago. It Is All Original, Flat Head 6 Cyl,three Speed On The Column, With Only 53,000 Miles. It Is A Real Pleasure To Drive And Enjoy. It Turns A Lot Of Heads Because It Is Rather Rare And Unusual Looking With The Single Seat And Long Trunk Lid, At Least In My Part Of The Country.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a 69 Chevelle SS396 that I bought new in 69 ( just before they brought out the 70 SS454 ( darn ) . I sold the 69SS during the 77 gas crisis
and bought it back in 85 when I spotted it at a local car lot. We still had the spare set of keys !!! My son drove it when he was 16 and 17 and then it's been parked in the garage for 20 years after we started a frame-off and run out of time. After I get the 57 back on the road, I'll be starting on the 69.
I'm planning on painting it Hugger Orange. Its not a matching #s car anymore, but I have a couple of 396 blocks and heads somewhere in the back of the garage.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I'm new around here,glad to see a few of the members here have varied interests in cars as I do_Out in the shop,I currently have an original 35 Ford 2dr Flatback Sedan,a streetrodded 1936 Ford Coupe,an original 37 Ford Coupe,a rodded 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe,55 BelAir Sport Coupe,55 Late Series truck,1967 Coupe D'Ville,1968 Firebird that I've owned since high school as well as the 1937 2dr Flatback Sedan that is my current project and being built as a retro style street rod.Hope to see a few of these rides in person somewhere down the road this year!

·
Registered
1955 BelAir 4-Door Wagon, 350/350
530 Posts
My Other Cars

I have a '59 Vette and a '67 Impala SS396 4-speed. Both are driver quality, which suits me fine. I'm sure I'll put a lot more miles on both before my 57 long-term project is ready for the road!!

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the 56 nomad, a 56 Belair Beauville, a 56 Suburban carryall, 1 59 suburban carryall, a 73 Camaro Type LT RS Z28 amd a 73 camaro Type LT sport couple (non RS). Also have an 88 suburban to carry to family and tow the race car and trailer and the wife drives a 98 Z28 Camaro. Way too many cars... A few months ago my son sold his 94 LT1 Camaro and bought a 99 Mustang GT. Broke my heart....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't feel so bad now...

I'm currently working on a 55' 2-dr wagon with a long way to go...I too have a 69' Camaro SS that's mostly stock, her L.P reads Pur De 1, she's Huggar Orange w/Blk Vinyl top, Blk hockey sticks, 350 C.I., 4-barrel, M21 tranny, disk/drum brakes, Orange & Blk deluxe houndstooth upholstery, NO A/C or Pwr steering, original wooden steering wheel, she only comes out when mother nature is nice, plus I don't want to put too many miles on her, also have an 82' Elky and a 74' VW Bug that's currently my daily driver due to the high price of gas. My 1st. set of wheels was a 66' Chevelle SS 396, but Uncle Sam called me away, so I sold her and bought my mama a house. 36 guys in my Flt and 35 went to Vietnam and yours truely was shipped across the big pond to the U.K.-Jolly ol' England !! After a couple of years there, I came back state-side and found a cherry 68' Corvette in beautiful Charleston, SC. Then finished up my hitch and came back home, got married and bought a house,etc. started a family, vette had to go and the rest is history. And I'm still looking hoping a score another ride is the price is Right....

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My Bel Air is my only classic, but my roommate has a 1959 Cadillac Sedan Deville (talk about huge fins) and one of my best friends has a 27 Chevy, a 47 Chevy, a 49 Chevy, a 50 Chevy, a 54 Chevy, a 55 Pontiac, a 55 Oldsmobile, and a 70 Chevelle SS. None are show cars, but all are using original style engines and all are driveable. As a matter of fact, the 1950 Chevy is his daily driver.

That and my dad has a 70 Olds 442 W30 convertible, which he has told me he will be buried in when he dies. Fortunately I do have a vague idea how to drive a Bobcat........

·
Registered
42 Posts
daily driver (I'm... not sane)

I also admit to owning this :D semi driveable... will be after I get done with the brakes anyway... Was an Uncle's, who died in the mid 90s... sat in my grandmother's garage for 10 years til they all had a conference and forced the thing upon me so my granny could get to her washing machine :D Plaid interior too (not visible- Uncle's old cigarette butts on the floor render it too embarassing for pics)

Project between me and my dad... since I moved out for college it's been languishing in need of paint, but still might be the best running car we own :p Powerglide, dual quad

will be turquoise ;)

1 - 20 of 213 Posts