Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Little bit of a loaded question...Do you want a smooth ride or performance?
I have never driven my tri-5 but, on other performance vehicles I have used Bilstein and Edlebrock's. I can tell you a quality shock makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Dc I should have elaborated...I had regular monroe on when I bought the car over 3 yrs ago then switiched to Monroe gas Sensatracs 2 yrs ago but now I want the best, smoothest ride with good handling not after extreme cornering capablilities just dont want to hear clunking when hitting a pot hole or bump in the road.

So all of you: Bilstein, Koni, Kyb, or QA1 shocks for a very smooth, nice ride??

Johnny

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
You should check out my thread here:

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106051

These are quality shocks and although I haven't road-tested them, the Viking folks used to work at QA-1 so they're very similar (and made in the USA too!). You can get double adjustable Vikings for the same price as the single adjustable QA-1's. Not gonna get much more than that for the price unless you go with some pretty high end custom shocks that will require a lot of fab work.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Front coilovers are about $500 with the springs. Without the springs, from Global West they're about $390 for the front pair. Same for the rears. So, about $185/ea.

You can call Global West about them or call Viking. Price will be the same I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.