Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need them for the front to roll the chassis around. I need 17" wheels to clear the calipers/brackets. I'm not ready to buy nice/new 17" wheels until it's done.

What did you guys do?

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
If you know the final diameter of the combo, make some from 1" mdf

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take the calipers off and put them in a safe place until you're ready. ;)
They are off, it's the spindles that have the bracket in them that gets in the way of my wheels I have now. The spindle/brackets are all once piece.

Nick, What's MDF?

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,541 Posts
Go to the junk yard and get some metric mini spares from late model corvettes or camaros . I carry one in my 61 corvette incase I get a flat. :bowtier::):bowtieb:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I had the same problem on the truck I'm building and didn't want to put nice wheels on yet. What I did was mount the 14" wheels I already have on backwards. Meaning the inner part of the wheel is now on the outside and the part you see of the wheel is mounted to the rotor. Works great and was free.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the same problem on the truck I'm building and didn't want to put nice wheels on yet. What I did was mount the 14" wheels I already have on backwards. Meaning the inner part of the wheel is now on the outside and the part you see of the wheel is mounted to the rotor. Works great and was free.

Jeff
I'll have to try that.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go to the junk yard and get some metric mini spares from late model corvettes or camaros . I carry one in my 61 corvette incase I get a flat. :bowtier::):bowtieb:
This worked out really well. Found one at a junk yard, then the other 3 by placing an ad on craigslist! Thanks for the idea!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts