Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,496 Posts
theoreticly the 2 should be the same but it is important that the door tag matches the vin. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
theoreticly the 2 should be the same but it is important that the door tag matches the vin. just my 2 cents
:dito:What he said... Later, Dave

·
Registered
37,967 Posts
The frame VIN sequence is slightly shortened from the one on the door jamb.

The door jamb sequence begins "(V)(A,B, or C)(55, 56, or 57)X...... V shows it's a V8 car, nothing shows it's a 6. A, B, or C indicates 150, 210, or Belair. 55, 56, or 57 indicates the model year. X is a letter for the assembly plant.

The frame VIN is the same except it begins with the model year.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
The frame VIN sequence is slightly shortened from the one on the door jamb.

The door jamb sequence begins "(V)(A,B, or C)(55, 56, or 57)X...... V shows it's a V8 car, nothing shows it's a 6. A, B, or C indicates 150, 210, or Belair. 55, 56, or 57 indicates the model year. X is a letter for the assembly plant.

The frame VIN is the same except it begins with the model year.
This is the correct answer.

·
Registered
37,967 Posts
I never check to see what "forum" something is posted in, since I navigate this site with "New Posts" about 99.5% of the time.

Sorry, I didn't see that the question was about a truck, I don't know if my answer applies or not. It's correct for 55-57 cars to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
957 Posts
You can legally change the frame.
You cannot change the door jamb VIN.

The title should match the door jamb VIN and it doesn't matter if it's a truck or a car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts