Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw this thread on another forum, and thought it would be neat to hear what songs you guys first heard on the radio whether you were a kid or when you first got your license what was playing, or the big hit?

as for me im only 21, there was no music coming out worth mentioning when i started driving, but the first oldies song i think i remember hearing when i was maybe 10 was either chuck berry's roll over Beethoven or eddie cochran's summertime blues when riding with my dad in his truck playing a tape cassette.

I asked my dad whom got his license in 1957 what was one of the first sogns he could remember playing and he told me it was Eddie Cochran's sittin' in the Balcony.

and here's a song from brook benton that's got a good rhythm to it.

its a shame music isn't coming out like this anymore, and never ever will.

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe
898 Posts
First song I heard once I got the radio working in my 1957 (when I purchased it in 1981) was ironically Rock Around the Clock.

Doug

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hannah Montana, "Pumping up the party" yeah you read it right, On my first day driving my Neon i got in started it up and turned the radio on and it was on, but wait it was a CD does that count? if not then the first song i heard on radio in my car was ACDC's "If you want Blood you've got it"

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
I think the first song i've heard from the radio (at least the one that I remember :)) is Rolling Stones "Satisfaction".

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Probably the Marcel's Blue Moon.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Cool question...but I rarely turned on the radio in the car, as I just wanted to hear that V8...so have no idea what the first song was.

True story, once did 5 or 6 years without even having a radio in any car...and did not miss it one bit :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Since I remember stuff...

back to when I was a year and 2 weeks old, it is hard to say. I do remember Christmas songs & Christmas of 1945, when I "stole" a red blown glass ornament off the Christmas tree & hid under a chair. Thinking I was safe, I held it up to watch the reflection of the ceiling light in its' surface. Momma picked that chair like it was nothing, retrieved the glass, & picked me up. Prolly jingle bells.

·
Registered
283 Posts
First song I remember hearing on the radio was Judy Garland, Over The Rainbow. First song that I can remember heard on my first car radio Four Season's, Sherry.

John

·
Registered
738 Posts
Mammas & Pappas - Where's your mama gone - I was about 4/5 years old.

Later when I was about 20 I did some work for a builder in the appartment in London where both Mamma Cass & Keith Moon had died - Also met Sir Stirling Moss who lives just a few doors up in the same street.

Bob

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
The one song that I always remember is "Listen To the Rhythm Of the Falling Rain" by the Cascades...it was the first song I heard on my new "transistor radio" when I first turned it on.
...and of course "In The Mood" by Glenn Miller...my folks always had big band music playing when I was a young kid.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
I believe it was either "Walk, don't Run" or "Wipeout" by the Ventures (wouldn't swear to that). But I heard it first on the radio in my first car in 1961 0r '62, a light blue 57 2dr hdtp, listening to the "Wolfman" on WLS out of Chicago (I wouldn't swear to that either, that was over 50 years ago). Could only get WLS late at night, so me and my buddies would sit outside at midnight and listen to the radio in the '57.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
From what I can remember it was the BEATLESsinging "I want to hold your hand" ! I think it was in 65-66 ?

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
my dad usually had grand ole opera songs on. when I got my car listened to koma, Oklahoma city can't remember 1st song, but agreat station.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.