Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had something to do with a kid digging up a 57 chevy that was buried in the football field behind the highschool (in a tomb). THen he has to race it against some bad guys in order to save the school or something like that.

All I can remember was that it was in the 80's and may have been a TV movie.
Thats all I know.

I think it was posted here a year or two ago, but I can't find it now.
Just want to add to the collection.
Gil

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats it. Man you guys are good.

Thanks DS,

Gil

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Catch me if you can--- I have only ever heard about this movie but I have never had the chance to see it. Is it any good? More importantly, what is the 57 like?

·
Registered
742 Posts
ive got a vhs copy burried somewhere that i had recorded off tv years and years ago. Starts out the kid drives a pretty nice chevelle about a 68 if i remember right

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
if i remember correctly the principal of the school starts everyday by playing a jukebox (that he won from the bad guy) over the school PA system. wanna say the only really pathetic part of the movie is that the motor in the 57 is toast so they take a motor out of a schoolbus (cuz we all know thats a hotrod) and shoehorn the mostrosity into the chevy. still a fun movie though :)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Hope they had fun modifying a distributor to fit the bus engine, standard small block dizzy don't fit and the one from the bus is full of gagets to work the governor... Been there done that...

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have this movie on VHS. I bought it several years ago. And I had it converted to DVD. I just got a new computer with a DVD burner...
bowtie-trifive

Jason

·
Registered
268 Posts
Man! When that 57 hit the ground after that jump, it was solid, it held together real well! And that wasnt computerized film work:tu Thanks for the movie

·
Registered
842 Posts
There was no bus engine mentioned in this film at all. I watch it weekly on DVD.

They pull the prinicipal's 57 out from it's hiding place under the football practice field, after the hero's 68 Chevelle is blown up by the bad guys. Btw- the chevelle in the race scenes has both an automatic, and a four speed, in the same race. :sign0020:
The school mechanic says it's a 427, "a big tough engine" and they replaced the "elephant" carb, mags, cam, and that the glovebox was rusted shut. In fact the only part of the movie that doesn't make sense is the 427 that's mentioned. The movie came out in 89, and they keep referring to the 30th anniversary of the "twin city run" in which the car completed the famous race. That puts a 427ci engine in the car in 1959??? Hmmm. lol.

Can you guys tell that I watch this movie a lot?

:anim_25:

J

1 - 20 of 22 Posts