Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about selling it and have no idea what to ask.
I'm posting here to get more responses.
Engine is about a 71 model.Had a huge Holley with a built-in governor(still have it).The distributor has no vacuum advance.
Now has a quadrajet on it.And a diferent oil pan to fit the Chevelle I have it in.(still have the giant pan it came with).
Runs great!These engines make great hot-rod engines,but I don't think I'll ever do it.
If it's not worth much,I'll just keep it,and use it for something as is.
TIA for any advice on value.
Mike.:)

· Registered
50 Posts
tall deck blocks

These tall truck blocks are the next best thing to an aftermarket block for a race car. bore them 60 over and use a 6.7 in rod and make a very nice 496 combo. the crank is a forged piece good for stock stroke 427 build ups. the tall deck feature makes a nice blower motor. I have seen a few 4.5 in stroke motors that have around 525 c.i. Around here they bring $400 + just for the block. hope this helps! regards grady

· Registered
3,283 Posts
A friend of mine has one for sale for $1000, I think it's a bit high but it has 4 bolt mains, tunnel ram, and a few other goodies with it... The engine he has was used in a dragster and was pulled to freshen up but never was...

· Registered
3,283 Posts
I was looking at parts for these tall decks and prices for a distributor are way too high for just a little added length...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.