Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Son of Honored Member BigDave RIP
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, I know its been a few months since my last post. I need help figuring out what i need to do next. I have rebuilt the motor and trans and got them sitting on the frame. The body is on a rotisserie waiting to go to a paint shop and the brakes/suspension is done for now. What else can i do with out the body on the frame? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, Mike :sign0009:

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Polish stainless, decide on interior, wheels, bumpers, grill, wiring for a start.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,862 Posts
the brakes/suspension is done for now. What else can i do with out the body on the frame? Any suggestions are welcome....Thanks, Mike :sign0009:
Mike....How 'bout the fuel tank and lines.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,072 Posts
Show us some pictures of what's been done so far. As Borntorun mentioned, lots of thing need to be restored (door hardware, window tracks and regulators, gauges, ect)
The engine could be completed and broke in on the frame while waiting on the paint shop. Rear shock bar, drive shaft, ect. I even installed the sway bar, by pulling down the suspension to the ride height I wanted, with a threaded rod spring compressor.

·
Administrator
66,693 Posts
Plenty to do, then your not rushing, as others have said the frame & running gear can be completely finnished off :anim_25:

·
Son of Honored Member BigDave RIP
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have fuel tank unfortunately, the ones I have seen in catalogs are around $1400 because they're stainless steel and they have a fuel pump already in them. I'm using a mechanical fuel pump so all I need is a stock fuel tank. Any ideas where is could find one? I'll post some pics a little later I need to snap a couple more.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,072 Posts
I don't have fuel tank unfortunately, the ones I have seen in catalogs are around $1400 because they're stainless steel and they have a fuel pump already in them. I'm using a mechanical fuel pump so all I need is a stock fuel tank. Any ideas where is could find one? I'll post some pics a little later I need to snap a couple more.
The fuel tank is mounted to the body, so you can't mount it until the body is back. Spectra makes a good stock reproduction tank and they are inexpensive. .....http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1442175,parttype,6268 ..... You can run the fuel and brake line though. ..... http://www.trifive.com/garage/57%20Chevy%20Assembly%20Manual/410-7.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts