Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on with eBay? My search in eBay Motors for 1957 Chevrolet items has at least 90% "Buy it Now" items. EBay was (past tense) the world's greatest "AUCTION" site, it now has become a retailer's website. SAD...............

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
then on top of the buy it now junk your inundated with sellers putting every type of vehicle in the "it fits" and just clutters the page with light bulbs, 3/8s bolts vavle stems etc
I rarely cruise the ebay anymore
BobH

·
Registered
38,755 Posts
It's no big deal to me. "Buy it now" is retail, just another way to buy online.

Lots of items are still up for auction, with "buy it now" as an option.

No big deal to me.

The same bargains are still there, with the exception of Ebay fees taking a bigger chunk.

If things squeeze more, there will be alternatives. Maybe swap meets will make a comeback.

·
Registered
189 Posts
too much spam on ebay for sure

just put in 1955 chevy in the search field and all kinds of spam shows up as 1955 chevy. I have complained and offered a solution to fix the problem but they do not want to listen to their users and/or buyers.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
just put in 1955 chevy in the search field and all kinds of spam shows up as 1955 chevy. I have complained and offered a solution to fix the problem but they do not want to listen to their users and/or buyers.
What bothers me now is the use of the word "fits" in the part description.

"Fits 55 Chevrolet", "Fits 56 Chevrolet", etc.

Searches turn up all kinds of useless items. I wish there was a way to filter those items out.

Chuck

·
Registered
496 Posts
What bothers me now is the use of the word "fits" in the part description.

"Fits 55 Chevrolet", "Fits 56 Chevrolet", etc.

Searches turn up all kinds of useless items. I wish there was a way to filter those items out.

Chuck

try putting a minus sign in front of the word you don't want to match. For example I just searched for "1955 chevrolet" in the motors part. First result is a '55 panel van. so I changed the query to "1955 chevrolet -van" and poof! the van was gone!

Make sure you don't put a space between the minus sign and the word, it stops working if you do that.
Works for google.com too :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
buy it now

I had a flea market put some antiques on ebay for me.
She said if you put buy it now .the fee ebay charged was less.
I agree ebay is lousy now .
Craigs list is the way to go.
Found a car cover.like new today.19.00

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I get more irritated at the "reserve not met". If you want to sell it on an auction site, then sell it.. If you are afraid that you will not get the price you want, sell it at the swap meet.. I don't like Barrett-Jackson re-instituting the Reserve prices either..

Okay, I'm done ranting.. Happy father's day

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.