Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you use 1970 chevelle 11 in rotors on your disc brake conversion .. do you use the wheel bearings for chevelle or is there a differant bearing to use ? anybody have bearing numbers to supply from a bearing supplier ? thanks

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Yes, the 70 Chevelle bearings. I have a note to use NAPA #46409 inner seal. Don't know if that's the same as a Chevelle inner seal or not????

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,858 Posts
Yes, the 70 Chevelle bearings. I have a note to use NAPA #46409 inner seal. Don't know if that's the same as a Chevelle inner seal or not????

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember the instructions in CCI's catalog that said to use a wheel bearing seal for a full size mid-sixties Chevy....Why I don't know.....Anyone else remember this?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Seal number

The inner seal to use those rotors should be for 62-67 Full Size Chevy. I had to look the info up myself today. Info from Eckler's 2009 catalog in a installation how to

Got the spacers? very important part of this project

.:anim_25:

·
52,858 Posts
A National seal Part # 7934S for a 65 Bel Air has an outside diameter of 2.405 which is the same as the outside of a 70 Chevelle seal and an inside diameter of 1.875 which is the same the inside diameter of a tri-5 seal.
Just as I remembered......They were kinda' pricey at $10 each......Most of the other seals run 2-3 bucks a piece....Makes you wonder, Why!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've just replaced mine and used the 7934S seals. Think they fit 63-68 Vette as well. When I asked for the full size Chevy seals it seems there were two different sizes used in those years.

·
52,858 Posts
I've just replaced mine and used the 7934S seals. Think they fit 63-68 Vette as well. When I asked for the full size Chevy seals it seems there were two different sizes used in those years.
How much were the seals?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm in the UK so they cost me £30.00 for the pair from a supplier over here....that's about $45.00. When I checked on the internet many US suppliers seemed to be about $20.00 a pair.
We pay a lot extra for shipping, import duty and sales tax.

The first set of seals I had sent were for an Impala and turned out to be wrong which is when I learnt there were two sizes used. As said previously the wrong ones were cheaper!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts