Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy a pair of vintage 15 x 10, five spoke Fenton aluminum wheels. They are 5 x 4.75 bolt pattern which is correct for my car.

The issue is they are drilled for larger wheel studs and my car has the standard size studs in the axels.

Questions,

If I replace my wheel studs with the larger studs would I still be able to use my steel wheels with standard hole diameter?

I know I would not be able to use my vintage Crager five spokes any longer. So I really want to come up with a way to run the Fentons with the bigger bolt holes on my standard wheel studs.

Does anyone know if someone might make lug nuts that would allow me to do so?

If not, I'm wondering about making bushings for the larger holes in the Fentons and going that route. Although I'm not crazy about the idea.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Use shank lug nuts...no need to go bigger studs. Check from Summit racing and you will be surprised how many different style lug nuts are available.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use shank lug nuts...no need to go bigger studs. Check from Summit racing and you will be surprised how many different style lug nuts are available.
Your right, I didn't realize how many other options there are available!.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts