Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to put a roof on the house a couple months ago, me and my Father replaced the facia boards about three weeks ago cause they were rotten, the house insurance company sent me that letter for removal of inoperable vehicles in yard ( i posted already about that), and few days ago we found a termite in the house. The termite inspector just left and isolated them to one wall which has our bathtub on the other side. Now on top of nearly $10,000 spent on the house the last couple months, we have to pay $1000 for termite extermination. "Calgon take me away"! I know it could be worse but I'm also unemployed right now so this sucks. I did not post for sympathy, but for someone maybe having some bad right now also to see that your not alone. bowtie-trifive I don't drink alcohol but would just about consider a drink right now :sign0020:

·
Administrator
49,495 Posts
I don't drink alcohol but would just about consider a drink right now
Me either Hafrod. But have felt the same way the past few weeks. Grin and walk away and it`ll look better tomorrow.
Terry

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Man I've been there and I'm going through it right now. I'm remolding my bathroom and the more I rip out the more needs to be replaced. But hey I don't care because after what I've been through recently I look at every day above ground as a good day. At least it is a day I'm still around. But I do understand how things snow ball. There is always that last screw, nut, nail or bolt that does not come out as easily as the others right. But then that is life, at least it is my life.lol

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
There too as I hired a roofer a year ago and now with our rainy season he`s nowhere to be found and his work had to be redone by another company.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Yup! Two months ago my wife and I decided to have our underground heating oil tank removed and a new above ground tank installed. This after having two friends who had underground tanks that leaked. The clean up bill for each of them ran over $100,000.00 each. That and around here banks don't want to give mortgage money and insurance companies don't want to write homeowner policies if you have an underground tank. Because we're getting ready to sell our home in the next few years we decided to hire a company now to excavate and remove our 27 year old tank, test the soil for contaminants and install a new above ground tank. They did this 2 weeks ago. Fortunately my tank had not leaked but the removal and installation of the new tank ran me $3,400. I told the owner of the company I could think of about 10 other places I would rather spend the money than on a hole in the ground!

Don

·
Registered
678 Posts
24 years in Recovery No alcohol or drugs either

Had to put a roof on the house a couple months ago, me and my Father replaced the facia boards about three weeks ago cause they were rotten, the house insurance company sent me that letter for removal of inoperable vehicles in yard ( i posted already about that), and few days ago we found a termite in the house. The termite inspector just left and isolated them to one wall which has our bathtub on the other side. Now on top of nearly $10,000 spent on the house the last couple months, we have to pay $1000 for termite extermination. "Calgon take me away"! I know it could be worse but I'm also unemployed right now so this sucks. I did not post for sympathy, but for someone maybe having some bad right now also to see that your not alone. bowtie-trifive I don't drink alcohol but would just about consider a drink right now :sign0020:
I sometimes wonder at the old man upstairs sense of humor when he kicks you when you are already down. The good thing in this is it is one wall and not all of them.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Tempered by fire.

Hafrod, it may not be of much comfort to you now, but there is an adage: A smooth sea never produced a skillful sailor.

Hang in there. It's not your first rodeo, or your last. :eek:

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,005 Posts
Had to put a roof on the house a couple months ago, me and my Father replaced the facia boards about three weeks ago cause they were rotten, the house insurance company sent me that letter for removal of inoperable vehicles in yard ( i posted already about that), and few days ago we found a termite in the house. The termite inspector just left and isolated them to one wall which has our bathtub on the other side. Now on top of nearly $10,000 spent on the house the last couple months, we have to pay $1000 for termite extermination.
WAIT, do you have a termite contract with an extermination company?? If so they are the ones that will pay for the termite repairs and extermination as its included in most contracts. And most home mortgage companies will require this.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Yup! Two months ago my wife and I decided to have our underground heating oil tank removed and a new above ground tank installed. This after having two friends who had underground tanks that leaked. The clean up bill for each of them ran over $100,000.00 each. That and around here banks don't want to give mortgage money and insurance companies don't want to write homeowner policies if you have an underground tank. Because we're getting ready to sell our home in the next few years we decided to hire a company now to excavate and remove our 27 year old tank, test the soil for contaminants and install a new above ground tank. They did this 2 weeks ago. Fortunately my tank had not leaked but the removal and installation of the new tank ran me $3,400. I told the owner of the company I could think of about 10 other places I would rather spend the money than on a hole in the ground!

Don
don did you use north east envirmentil for the job

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Brother I can feel your pain.
After the wind storm a few weeks ago, lots of tree damage and fence.
Keep your head up as I have told others "every day above ground is a good one".

Later,
Kev

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
When I sold my last house I had to have the whole house tented to exterminate those buggers, your fortunate if there localized to one wall...anyway, it's really hard for car guys to spend money on the house...:sign0020:

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,005 Posts
Nope, no contract
Dang, man if I was home I would work out a deal for you! And fix your house for something trifive related! But I will not be hoe till sept.

I would get a contract ones everything is fixed. Its cheap to do so.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts