Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an MSD 6A Autotronic Ignition Control.
Those that have one, I was wondering where you mounted the box?
On the firewall, wherever? If you have words of wisdom or pictures for ideas, that would be great.
Thanks,

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
I wound up putting it on the right side radiator support baffle. Same sheet metal the horn is mounted on except on the engine side. It fits in there pretty good on 1" nylon spacers. Engine does run better as advertised so I have no complaints.
If I turned the key to lock the engine kept running, if I just turned it to the off position it stopped. I put the diode in the brown lead from the alternator to the gen light and it cured the problem.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Back side of core support pass side. hard to see unless you know its there.My motor kept running after I installed it, so I wired the Tach light into ignition circut. Shuts on and off like it should now.

·
Registered
1955 Nomad
645 Posts
you can get an extension wire for these things (I think about 6') so you can mount it in a variety of locations.

I'm a fan of clean engine compartments, so I'd try to hide it.

·
Premium Member
55 belair 3 inch chop history unknown rumored to have spent its life on east coast,I know no history
215 Posts
On the passenger side inner fenderwell near the battery for me..

·
Registered
Cocke County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
8,404 Posts
On the drivers side inner fender. Looks like shit and I have 4 more holes if I move it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mine is on the drivers side to the outside of the hinge. I had the coil over there too however it died I think from having to use too long of a coil wire so I moved it to where it is in this picture. the box is out of sight.

·
Registered
56 150 two door w/210 trim, 350 CID, TH 350
563 Posts
IMO, you can put anywhere you want, but the cooler the air temperature around the controller the better! If it wasn't a visual issue, in front of the core support would be best, but that would look like crap.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
On the shelf, in my storage shed.

Reactions: Fiftysix Chevy
1 - 17 of 17 Posts