Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This clip fell off of my left front disc brake as I was reinstalling it. It's an 11 inch rotor add on.
Does anyone know how it attaches?
John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Inboard brake pad.

It clips on to the inboard brake pad. The long "finger" inserts into the piston cavity.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,714 Posts
Wear indicator:

·
51,714 Posts
It clips on to the inboard brake pad. The long "finger" inserts into the piston cavity.
Agree its an anti-rattle clip..However, I believe it serves as a wear indicator as well.

·
51,714 Posts
The wear indicator, when present, is riveted to one end of the pad. It's not removeable.
Ahh; see....That's two wrong today....Will send myself to the corner and take a timeout

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
A funny story, at least to me.

A friend of mine had a nice 57. I rode with him to a cruise night deal. We're on the way home, got on the freeway and got in the HOV lane. Riding along about 75 mph next to the K wall, there's this awful rat-a-tat, rat-a-tat noise. I didn't hear it earlier, I guess it was louder because it was echoing off the K wall. Turns out he had no anti-rattle clips and no rubber bushings on his caliper bolts, because they didn't provide any with his disc brake conversion when they sent it. So he just put it together without. He had been occasionally hearing the noise and wondered about it. But the brakes worked fine. Getting all those small parts in place fixed it right up.

·
51,714 Posts
THANKS Will....Been a while, since I've been there and done that :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts